xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kingjim007

Learn To Appreciate Others!

Hey all:My wife works really hard at work with little reward sometimes. She organised the work training day, booked flights, arranged catering, got a electric whiteboard delivered and made sure everything was arranged. Yet people complained...too much food....the cake can cause diabetes (health educators pfft) the guys picked up the board at the correct times so the meeting couldn't go overtime...blah blah blah.Just remember if someone makes an effort thank them don't complain. Make them know you appreciate what they do. Say it today and see the smile on their face then you know you have done something worthwhile for the day.Try it and get back to me.Remember if someone doesn't have a smile.....give them yours.:) :) :D:( :(KJ

Hi, thanks for this post..I think I've read something about this kind of thing somewhere before.. It's about appreciate the other's effort without do much complaining.. After reading that article, I started to learn to appreciate others.. Little by little back then.. And it's really the same as what you said, they always smile everytime I thanked them for what they've done, even for only a tiny little thing.. I hope that would make their day!

My mother works extremely hard and it annoys me that the other members of my family don't give her enough credit and are also always complaining about stuff. It's really frustrating how people don't realize how much work each other does...instead we just like to complain to and about others. I have a friend who has this really annoying way of talking down about other people, and it pisses me off that he can't learn just to appreciate other people's merits instead of focusing in on their flaws. Especially if somebody does something to help you, you should be grateful instead of talking down to them or complaining. Also, when someone says "I could have done this job easier myself rather than asking you to do it," it's really frustrating because that's never the case. Even if someone can't do a job as completely as you can, it takes you less energy to come in and fix their shortcomings than it does to do it yourself. And it takes even more energy to complain about others yet people seem to do it anyways. :)

I think other people do notice the efforts others make and do not give enough credit because they are simply jealous. I myself only give credit if other people did really well. I won't give them credit if they tried helping me but they just ended up giving me more work. However that has nothing to do with jealousy, it's simply that I hate having to do more :)

Edited by Lightning73 (see edit history)

Ask your wife to prepare vegetarians food every day which is healthy, hopes to wait them to protest "why everyday we ate these nutritious food!!". Yey when people complaining we just move to switch ourselves to what they want, and I am strongly believe that they will soon beginning to protest for others, and your wife could say "don't this what you want?"

I think it's a matter of attitude. If we have an attitude of gratitude we are looking for the good rather than than the bad. If we can think about what we have or what someone does that is noteworthy this shows our focus. It says more about me. If I am always noticing the negative I am focused on negative things-"I" am negative. I find when I am already feeling this way I happen to 'notice' a lot more things to be negative about. When I am feeling positive I notice more positive things. If we start the day by appreciating what we have I guess we will be more positive.KJ

yeah i think people should learn to appreatiate others more. if we don't appretiate others then we would have to be perfect ourselves which we obviously arent' unless you Jesus - which you aren't so we should definately appretiate what others do even if its a small thing.