xisto Community
gbjack

Pc Or Mac For 3d Graphics PC or MAC for 3D graphics

I am wondering which is better to use for creating 3D graphics.1) Is it on a Mac or PC?2) What are the platform that most 3D artists use?It seems that most people are using a PC to me? Any know reasons.Thanks in advance. No flaming please and this is NOT on platform wars as I need so geniue answers from people who have worked in the 3D industry before as I am interest in picking up the skills.thanks

Are you sure most professionals use a PC? I'm not personally a professional graphics/3d artist, but I always had the impression Macs were the popular choice for more serious applications, ie for scientists and digital artists. I'm pretty sure most professional applications are available on both platforms.

If you want to be a gamer, use a PC. Graphical artists seem to prefer the mac. The downside of a mac that it isn't really as upgradable as a PC. If you havea PC and want to be able to work with heavvier graphics, you can easily upgrade it, you can't do that with a mac, unless you want to break it open and void all warranties. Which means that if you have a mac and want to upgrade, you're pretty much forced to buy a new one.

If you want to be a gamer, use a PC. Graphical artists seem to prefer the mac. The downside of a mac that it isn't really as upgradable as a PC.

If you havea  PC and want to be able to work with heavvier graphics, you can easily upgrade it, you can't do that with a mac, unless you want to break it open and void all warranties. Which means that if you have a mac and want to upgrade, you're pretty much forced to buy a new one.

42407[/snapback]

although the high-end Macs have expansion slots for upgrading. guess Mac fans made a big enuf scene about it. for graphics, a Mac takes the cake. though i use a PC for my personal work as i can't afford a Mac.

Most graphics arstist prefer using macs because of thier stababilty. (The last thing they want is for a 2 hours master piece to crash because of a windows error!). Such programs they would use would proabably be maya, or strata 3d, or blender, or cinema 4d. There's a whole list of 3d programs out there.