xisto Community
Lightning73

Are You Afraid Of Dieing?

Are you afraid of dying?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know for a fact that many people are afraid of dying. So I would like to discuss why or why not you are afraid of dying.I myself am not really afraid of dying, mostly because I'm fully able to protect myself and am fully aware of my surroundings, there for I would not feel guilty that I would've been able to do something about it, if that is possible after death that is.So please answer whether you are afraid of dying and please explain why or why you are (not).EDIT:Changed dieing to dying, thank you innosia.

Edited by Lightning73 (see edit history)

i would like to live forever, but i'm not afaind of dying because i know it's going to happen eventualy. but what i would'nt want is for me to die at a young age (below at least 80) because i would'nt get to live my life fully and do all the things i want to do. also i would'nt want to die painfully i would just want it to be from old age. anothere thing is that if i live up to 80 i hope i'm not one of those confused old people that can't do anything for themselves, i'd like to be capable to take care of myself.

I am afraid of dying.I am very young, I still have many many things to do, I have many dreams to realize. I want to earn a lot of money in the future, I want to buy a big house, I want to travel in the world, at least travel in some great places in my country.I want to taste all delicious food.I don't wanna die at all before I am old enough.I know everybody will die some day. This is natural. I can accept this.What I want is a colorful life not too short.

I'm more afraid of my loved ones dying, than myself dying. I'm not afraid of dying, as long as it's not a horrible or painful death.I wouldn't mind just slipping away in my sleep. As long as I don't feel it. Gosh I'm in a passive mood today.

I am afraid of dying, obviously, i am not going to lie, i am not going to be disonest with you all ,specially not with myself, i admit that i am afraid to die because first, i do not want to, i am 31 years old, i want to live, badly, i really want to live and to enjoy my life to the maximum, to enjoy all that i can, anywhere, everywhere and for any reason, so obviously i am afraid of loosing the ability of living and loosing my life, which by the way, i only have one, which we all have one life to live.If we have only one life to live, i can only beleave, if a person says here that it is not afraid to die, that is very old (that has lived a lot, so it will not live too much more), or that that person is depressed, really depressed, or that that person is insane, most likely insane, nobody would say that is not afraid to die, with only one life to live, that is insane, do not give that peace of mind crap because that i do not beleave, and do not give me that after live crap because i do not beleave that too, nobody knows if there is an after life anyway, so there is only one way in this question in the way i see, and the way is to admit the inevitable, and that is to admit that sometimes we do fear somethings, someone, in this case we fear death, we fear to loose all that we built, family (suns, wife, mother, father, other people you love and that they love you), your work, et cetera, and that is very hard to loose, and when you die, you will then loose it all, so admit that you fear it, admit that you are fraid to die, period.I admit that i am afraid of loosing my life, of dying, i want to live.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Don't worry, everything in this world has an end. Whenever something was created into the world, it was meant to be "destroyed" at sometime, somehow. I personally don't afraid of death because I don't think it as something "bad". If I have given life to my offspring, I would gladly die to give them space, resource, and the understanding of life. Of course, if I done everything I need to do with my heirs then there is no more needs for me to keep living. Otherwise it would be TOO unfair in this world of unfairness. No one in this world yet knows what really happens after you die. Maybe you do go to heaven, or continual to an afterlife. Everything is possible. However, if death is so bad, then why do you only get to die ONCE?...If you could be resurrected after 3 month's of being dead, would that make it better? You get to live forever after that.- The expected answer here is a readily accepted "Yes, of course I will tolerate death for 3 months to be alive again!"However, in death, like in sleep, you have no consciousness of time and space. If you have ever had a surgery, you would know that all you remember is an ephemeral blackout, and then waking back up again; whether the surgery was 3 hours or 18 hours, you wouldn't know the difference.Therefore, if you were dead for 3 months, you would lack the consciousness to anticipate your promised Resurrection. In fact, you could be forgotten for 10,000 years in death and not know the difference. And for that matter, if an infinity passes you by, forgotten by those who promised you life after 3 months, you still would not appreciate the difference. To this end, it matters little to you if you are never resurrected at all.You would lack the consciousness that produces anticipation, anxiety, and fear. In fact, if your consciousness is your oppressor, then you will necessarily be less miserable dead than alive, if only because you are free from your fear.On the afterlife: One cannot know, and frankly, it matters little. If there is something, you will be there; if there is nothing, you will not know about it.Further, there is not much to fret losing in life; in fact, life should not be embraced as a thing in and of itself. Life is PART of the economical process of Nature's dissolution-- that is, life is the process of dying (of self-cancellation). No one can know what is after death. Has anyone ever come back to tell you? And for the matter, has any dead person ever come back in the history of earth to tell them? Perhaps the theory of afterlife is derived from the collective abhorrence to the notion; therefore, believing in afterlife ameliorates the anxiety of anticipating death.And if you are so fearful and miserable, then what kind of life are you trying defend? What are you afraid of losing if your life is that oppressed? It is irrational fear that you have.You should enjoy the moments you have. People say life is short. But life is too long, and grueling. Taste the wine and song of earth and die with resolve. Imagine how miserable infinite life would be... grueling and lonely, without end, without resolve. There is no value in infinite things (consider salt water). But the limited things have value to us due to there scarcity (consider gold).With the finitude of mortality comes fear by anticipation. With immortality comes utter boredom. Chose the balance and enjoy a valued, limited time frame. I hope this helps.I'm in pretty young and am quite accepting of the possibility that there is nothing after death.good luck.--> Efrain was here

I know for a fact that many people are afraid of dieing. So I would like to discuss why or why not you are afraid of dieing.I myself am not really afraid of dieing, mostly because I'm fully able to protect myself and am fully aware of my surroundings, there for I would not feel guilty that I would've been able to do something about it, if that is possible after death that is.

So please answer whether you are afraid of dieing and please explain why or why you are (not).

i think everyone must have thought this question but let me remind you
its not dieing but dying, please use proper english and it will affect your credit points!!!
Now I want to say I am not afraid of dying since life is not important and I have my own view about life.

I'm not really afraid of dying anymore... I used to be terrified about dying when I was younger, but now I'm pretty okay with the idea. It's not that I want to die, I really really don't... and I think if I know the end was near, I'd definitely be afraid again, but I'm sort of to the point that I don't think that it's going to be any time soon, so it doesn't freak me out so much.If I was to die however, I'd want it to be painless. I'm sort of on the fence whether or not I'd want it to be long or short... because long at least you'd have time to do the things you wanted... though you'd know it was coming so it would be kind of bad for that way, because I think I'd feel bad and scared and stuff... but to have it happen when I don't know it's coming, I feel that I'd miss out on a lot of things that I'd want to do and say to people.I guess the answer to that is just start doing all the things I want to do, and say all the things I want to say now, but then I want to believe I have a lot of time ahead of me to do these things, so I don't want to be in any kind of a rush. If that makes sense...

I wouldn't say that I'm scared of dying. It's more like I'm worried what will happen when I die. Will my family be OK? How about my friends? Will they be able to continue doing things as always without my help?Not only that. I still have many dreams and wishes that need to be accomplished. The thought of dieing before having a chance to do something good and useful in my life is what's scary.

armondtimesbeliz..., i i understood your words, your ideas, your way of thinking, st least concerning this subject, i think, and from what i read, you seem to be very a very passive person, if you understand what i mean, you seem to me that you must feel more, instead of talking with your head more, you need to talk with your heart more, say what you feel and what you think with your heart, because all of the words i read from your reply seem to be heartless, but they are not wrong, no, it is not that.When i think with my heart, the fear of loosing my famnily, sun, fathers which are still alive, my work which i love to do, the things that i still need to do, which are so so so many, which will take all my life, and perhaps 2 lifes would not have been enough for the things i want to do.So many dreams, so many goals, so many things to do in my life, and so litle time, i wish i could live forever, i tell you that.

i would like to start by mentioning if you guys have already checked my opinions for death, afterlife, and such stuff.as you might have read my previous posts in these section, you will understand what am i trying to say to the world. there is no life after death...anywaysas for the topic: NO, im not afraid of dying, im only afraid that i might be forgotten after my death. Will people remind me? and im not afraid of dying, im just afraid that i wont go in England and meet my darling. thats all what im afraid of. i will accept death as it will come to me (sorry for bad english :) ). Everything has its end, jusst like world was created, in that way it will be deastroyed someday, and there's nothing you can do about it. thats my opinion about death and being dead. so there's nothing to be afraid of.

Dying is inevitable. All who live owe a corresponding death. To fear death, could be somewhat unhealthy. Based on a certain Theory of Personality in Psychology(by Otto Rank), fear of death could lead to an unhealthy avoidance of it. And since it is quite impossible to avoid it, what people do is to unconsciously choose not to actually live their lives by indulging in neurotic routines/activities. It is in this non-indulging in life that a neurotic person hopes he would not have to pay the debt of death and that he/she would have immortality. Point is, one must learn to accept that one can not escape death. It is this acceptance of the inevitability of death, that should lead one to actually LIVE his/her life and make the most out of it. Hope you guys find this helpful. :lol:And to answer the question, I actually fear death. But hopefully not to a point that I'm actually living neurotically(at least according to Otto Rank). My fear of death comes from the fact that I do not know what it would bring me and that no one is able to enlighten me on what it is exactly that is to happen to me(my soul, consciousness, whatever you call it) when I die. I want to move on to a higher plane or something and not just fade way into nothingness. But I don't know which to expect of this. So, I guess my fear of death extends from my fear of the unknown.Lastly, I would just like to let you guys know that the phobia most people suffer from is alto phobia- the fear of heights.. and not the fear of death.

Dying is in fact bring another life, life in the death realm.There is nothing as we are consciousness, thus no matter where we go (whether in physical world or not) we do exist, what we don't know is maybe we conscious or not conscious about our life, that's it.When we die, we go into another world, it's another reality, and when we live, we live in a reality too, base on which side of coin we are viewing, we are in fact always living, the problems like 'do we happy in any world, or do we agony?'

I am always afraid when I am in dangerous situations that could lead to injury or death. I do fear death for I do not precisely know what is beyond it.I like to think things through and always know the answer to everything.The after-life is something that no one can fully predict what it's like. I do believe that there is a heaven and a hell (and I greatly fear hell).Also, it would be a shame to die now, for I have so much left to do on earth.Besides, dying would sadden the lives of those around me (I like to think :lol: )Overall, I enjoy life and fear death.

well i'm not exactly looking forward to it! if i die peacefully which most people in civilized countries do then that will be alright. i want to do at a late age and peacefully then that is fine. but its still scary thinking that you are going to die.