xisto Community
Hooligan

What Is Your Take On Linux?

GNU/Linux is perfect for a home PC. I use it for 2 years and a half.
There are many distribs (like Ubuntu, Mepis) which are more easy to install than every Windows
No need to know UNIX command for a long time....

Could any Linux users recommend me some first-person shooters built for Linux? I only had partial sucess running Half-Life under WINE.

You should try Enemy Territory

rudeturk, you should just edit your post, don't double post plz. Linux has about 1% chance to catch viruses. I have ClamAV to protect me, I don't want to be the 1%. By server, do you mean Apache (free), Samba (free), MySQL (free), America's Army (free), Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (free), PHP (free)?xboxrulz

I have linux for 2 years without any firewall or antivisrus software and nobody has even looked at me. For this time my linux didn't failed even once. Apache is totaly GNU so . . .

Hello! I hate Linux... Every CD that I bought is all corrupted. And I ordered many Ubuntu Linux, they all stinks... I can't figure out how to use my external modem... I think Ubuntu Linux is based on FreeBSD.

why buy Linux when you can burn it on an ISO. This is also a very poor reason to hate Linux. Ubuntu is NOT based on FreeBSD, they run on seperate kernels and Ubuntu uses DEB, and it's a Debian based Linux. For your corrupted CDs, I think you should contact support or check if your CD-ROM is reading properly, because that happened to me once.xboxrulz

maybe your motherboard corupt data, my frend have the same problem until he change the motherboard..linux is good os and I hope that in the future will be more OS like linux

I have suse 9.2 pro and I like it very much :D I have no problems with installation, with hardware, yes I have with conexant :P then I have downloaded drivers and everything worked :D You hace corrupted cds?Like they say download iso or be careful when you buying and from who you are buying :D >maybe your motherboard corupt data, my frend have the same problem until he change the motherboard..linux is good os and I hope that in the future will be more OS like linuxNo linux is enough :D more OS means more games for that os, for linux everything go slow, no games, compatibility is good but :) They have problems because many companies like ati don't have good drivers :P You understand what I meanBecause of that I don't think that this will be good idea :PI also think that there is tu much linux versions :Dbut good is that we can choose and there is only to buy a good versionslikemandrakeSusefedoradebiani think that they will only survive :D (If I have missed on of them, let me know :D )That's main opinion :ph34r: