xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
synapticflame

Everything lots of interesting tidbits

It's been a hectic week for me since I am a computer administrator at my local community college. Rather than say a lot of interesting things in many different threads, I thought it might be interesting to put many interesting things in a single thread and see what happens from there.

Interesting thing number one:

I teach a math class this semester. There's a better way to subtract that many people have never encountered. Instead of crossing out the number to the left when you borrow, put a 1 under the number you would have crossed out, down on the subtraction line. Just read the link... look for the section on subtraction, second image.

Interesting thing number two:

If you take digital photos, there is a free tool available from imagenomic that will reduce noise in your digital images. Here is a direct link to the Noiseware Community Edition v 2.0.3 for Windows XP. I have taken many many images with my digital camera and sometimes I need to use a high ISO setting to avoid a blurry image. This thing works magic :D

Interesting thing number three:

Three will have to wait - I have to do some other stuff now. I'll add a post to this thread when I get a minute to myself :P