xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stranded

Dota Anyone Im amazed O_o

hmm what's Dota? It would be helpful if you could post a link to the game website or a picture. Dota is not a really unique word and ive turned up some weird results on google. lol

DOTA = Defense of The Ancients(?), its a modification for Blizzard's Warcraft 3. It is an RTS (Real time strategy) mod that allows you to control a hero unit within a group and battle for victory.

Each hero have its special traits and abilities. Many said, it is the best tactical RTS mod ever created. To date, it have countless of tournaments going around the globally.

wiki-fy it : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

Also, DOTA is a song by Basshunter, eurodance genre.

wiki : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Firstly, dota is a map...

Secondly, the song by Basshunter is about the map dota.

What, mortal?

With a little change of punctuation...

What mortal?

:)

Anyways my favourite is Nevermore, but I'm pretty noob. For example: I often forget to use my lothars when I'm dying...

That is the reason why i have wiki links to it. The text i typed is a summarized header for each wiki links.Starting to remind me the days i play DOTA and the players in my local cyber cafe thinks WoW is a better DOTA.. funny moments.

I don't play that much dota... I'm more into other things like Wintermaul Wars, and stuff...But when I do play, it's on Bored-Aussie (it's like battle.net I suppose, but it's a custom server for aussies :))I only join the games labelled 'APEM FOR NOOBS' or similar :)

Ah, DotA, oh DotA... the scourge of many a youth... Hahaha, well not really, more like the scourge of many a weak-willed youth :DI do remember my college days, when I played DotA with my thesis mates almost every afternoon... and my grades took a plunge. At the risk of sounding like a prude, be careful kids, DotA can be addictive if you do not have the willpower :(Anyway, it's a really fun game and, even after three years, it's still played by a lot of people... my officemates, for example :)As an overview for those who have wandered here and do not feel like wiki-ing it up, players can choose to play on one of two teams: Sentinel and Scourge. The team itself does not matter much, the map is especially made to give neither team an advantage over the other. Sentinel base is at the lower left corner, Scourge is at the upper right. These two bases are connected by three lanes: the top lane runs on the north and west side of the map, bottom lane goes right along the east and south side, the middle lane goes through the diagonal.A player can choose to play as one of over 80 heroes. Each hero has (over 90% of the time) four skills. Both bases also have an array of shops from which one can purchase items to complement his/her hero's stats or skills. So how do you earn the gold? You can:1. Kill enemy heroes2. Kill enemy creeps (more on creeps later)3. Kill neutral creeps (random monsters) that spawn on the map ever and anon4. Destroy an enemy structureAdditionally, when you kill anything or when anything is killed by an ally within a certain range of you, you earn experience, which ultimately, will level you up. You can achieve a maximum level of 25.Now, on each of these three lanes, there are "factories" or unit-producing structures on both bases. Additionally, both have three defensive towers extending into the lane, for example, the Sentinel has three towers on the east side of the map, three on the south and three on the lower half of the diagonal lane. Each base also has a "core", for Sentinel, it is called the World Tree, for Scourge, it is the frozen Throne. The core is also protected by two towers. When the core is destroyed, the game ends.Now, back to the factories, every now and then, these will spawn computer controlled units that will start walking along those three lanes to the enemy's base, attacking any enemy units it comes across. The goal of the game, then, is to "push" at least one lane right into the enemy base and destroy the core.I think that's pretty much it. The main difference between this and most other Warcraft maps is that you control only one hero for the duration of the game, instead of building up an entire army. This makes for a fast-paced game that generally ends between 30 minutes and 2 hours :)For the other other DotA players here, what heroes do you play?I find that I generally suck on melee heroes so I usually choose ranged ones, or those with ranged skills. Examples are Ogre Magi, Dark Seer, Death Prophet, Tormented Soul, Lord of Olympia, Lightning Revenant, Keeper of the Light and Dwarven Sniper. I especially pwn with Lightning Revenant and Dwarven Sniper using SandY, Yasha, Hyperstone, Hand of Midas, Agility Power Treads and either Assault Curiass or Radiance :(

Yea I know about bored aussie its a great server. I normally play at garena but sometimes at local lan shops and at my country's private battle net server. I usually pick heroes by -random. But when I'm in mood of pwning, I pick baratharum, undying, or lanaya.

I played some DotA a while ago. People say it's addictive, but I didn't see it that way.It fact I never really liked the concept very much because it's not challenging. One of the hardest things is to calculate the ammount of money you need when you return to base to buy artifacts.I see DotA like a role playing version of Counter Strike, which is another game I didn't enjoy because everytime it's the same: you get the good guys on one side, the bad guys on the other ... and they attempt to kill each other.

Dota ? i liked it very much!!!! i always play dota at Garena.my server is Malaysia. Anyone from malaysia or singapore can pm me. my ID kplow1986my favorite heroes are very many such as shadow fiend, meepo, earth shaker, lina, lion, chen,skeleton kingand much more.but what i most like is meepo, amazing hero. my advise is *run away before he see you*if not............GG :lol: