xisto Community
v.naveen

Web Design For New Bie its a learnng topic for how to design and maintain a web site

You might want to take a look at the tutorial forum. There's a lot of good information there posted by the members of the board. Best of all, it's there for your use. x3The basic programming language for web sites is known as HTML. I'm not sure if you can find a simple guide here, but if not then just google for one. Don't try to memorize everything. Just try to get the code to work. I have to refer to a personal site all the time. You'll remember some things eventually. Really, that's the best way to learn.

You first need to learn the basics of HTML and CSS and then install Dreamweaver(not the best idea but that's how I did it). Download a template that you like and start from there. When you think you are seasoned with HTML and CSS go to Tizag and start on PHP. Whoever that guy is, his tutorials are helpful for dummies.

I learnt to create and design web pages using Frontpage. A lot of people like to criticize it, but I think it works for me. I've had my website for more than 5 years, changed new layouts several times and most people only have good things to say about the design :)

Best thing to do first of all would be to get yourself a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) HTML editor. This will allow you to be a website without having any knowledge of code. There are many free versions available, just search google.

For more advanced codes just visit one of the two sites listed below, that's where I get most of my stuff from as you can just search for what you want and cut and paste the code into your site.

http://www.hotscripts.com/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Best Of Luck :)
Matty

I learnt to create and design web pages using Frontpage. A lot of people like to criticize it, but I think it works for me. I've had my website for more than 5 years, changed new layouts several times and most people only have good things to say about the design :)

Depending on the site you intend to create, you may need to pick up different skills and knowledge. In my opinion desktop programming is a whole different world from web programming, with much more considerations of your client. Marketing your site is also important. I suggest learning HTML, probably the most basic web language.

Check out the following:-

http://www.w3schools.com/

Thats the best website to learn htm, php, javascript, every programming language. If you want my advice on what to learn first, learn html first. Make sure you know everything there is to know about HTML then move onto javascript or PHP, once you've learnt those 3, the sky's the limit.

We may tell newbie a lot of different ways to learn new things but I really think one will always find a way to learn something that is unique and only works for them. How I did it may confuse someone. What is easy for someone may not be that easy for me. I'm not saying we don't have to tell them how we did it.

The best advice I have seen in this topic is definitely "Learn HTML first".After all, HTML id the real source of developing web sites.Maybe not a thing for flashy effects anf eye catching designs, but very decent web designs can be achieved with it.As for Java and all the rest: Java, for one, might have potential, but when you start using it too much or too often, you run the risk of overloading your web site with effects, which not only take time to load, and hence slow your web site down, but overdoing the effects can be a strain on the visitor. Let us also not forget that a good many people turn Java off in their browser, this for security reasons. This means that whatever Java effects you included in your web site would be left useless and invisible.Do use some Java, by all means, but, as the general rule goes, "use it, but do not overuse it".Just start by learning HTML, not only will it not take long before you can achieve pretty nice results, but once you have a HTML driven web site in place, it will also leave room for extension, and in the mean time you will have time to widen your horizon by beginning to look beyond HTML.

Always learn the basics. As MrDee stated, it is best that you learn about HTML first. It's quite easy to learn about it. And if ever you forget about the other tags/codes, you could always search the net for a list of them and their uses. There are a great number of sites that provide these types of lists. You don't have to do much memorizing at first, just understand them and then you will eventually have them all into memory.

Hi, i had started a new topic, coz i would like to learn - how to start a new web site and manage it, how ever i am good at desktop programming

I have found two great pages where you can find all instructions, for how to make by you own a web site step by step .... but there is a small problem .... ^_^ the sites are in German language ....

So, .....:
SELFHTML
CSS 4 You

I think that the best way to start your Web page is that you try with CSS design, thats how I started :lol:

good luck with your new web site