xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
T84

Memory Card Issue

Hey does anyone know how to photos off a memory card? The photos seem to be stuck on mine, i can't delete them on the phone and but it will let me delete them while it is plugged into the computer. When i delete them on the computer they are removed from the "photos" folder on my memory card, but when i put the memory card back into my phone or the computer they show up there... I can't add anything to the card either... Anyone know how to fix thisThe card is not in locked mode.

Hey does anyone know how to photos off a memory card? The photos seem to be stuck on mine, i can't delete them on the phone and but it will let me delete them while it is plugged into the computer. When i delete them on the computer they are removed from the "photos" folder on my memory card, but when i put the memory card back into my phone or the computer they show up there... I can't add anything to the card either... Anyone know how to fix this
The card is not in locked mode.

I think not cause from memory card it.

check to see if you have thumbnails still of the image you have deleted. mobile phones create several of them (at least in my nokia phone).it can help also to see that you reboot/restart your mobile after you have removed the photo from your memory card. could be a caching issue.

It may be due to caching or thumbnails. Try backing up then formatting the card by going to My Computer, right clicking on the media card and pressing format, and then the start button. And on a mac, try going to applications > utilities > disk utility and erasing the media card! And im guessing your not on linux, but if SO unmount the card, bring up the terminal and type:$ 'sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdx0' (change to card mount address)Enjoy!

Edited by samlockart (see edit history)

what kind of memory card you use? is it the old mmc card? if so try this one it works. look at the contacts of your mmc the bronze thing. look for the most left contact and it is misaligned to others. just cover it when you put it in your computer. ex. paper with tape.NOTE: it must be the only one to be covered.if this works for you, then your camera, or digital device has an setup which is different to your computer. its kinda complicated :) just hope this helps, this is a temporary solution but one that works for me. better than formatting it.

It may be due to caching or thumbnails. Try backing up then formatting the card by going to My Computer, right clicking on the media card and pressing format, and then the start button. And on a mac, try going to applications > utilities > disk utility and erasing the media card! And im guessing your not on linux, but if SO unmount the card, bring up the terminal and type:
$ 'sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdx0' (change to card mount address)

Enjoy!

I tried this and the loading bar gets just about full and a pop comes up saying "Windows was not able to complete the format."

It is a 1 GB sandisk memory card.