xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Trap17 Email Spam Scam - Warning

I got a interesting email today from marcy4u208@gmail.com

My dear,i am well pleased to contact you after going throughyour profile at http://forums.xisto.com/ on my search for genuine frienship,please contact me on this idd
(marcy4u208@gmail.com)so that i can send you my photo and tell you about myself,Mercy

I sent a reply saying I don't know this site :), but it should be interesting if I get a response about some spam related things, but I thought I let members know about this just encase they get a similar email and what not.

That's kinda weird. Please do post the reply if you get one. I haven't seen on in my inbox yet, but I'll keep a look out for a mysterious friend invitation. o-o;Course it'd be funny if the person comes in and reveals himself. Maybe said person really wants to be your friend. o-o;

I got a similar message, however it wasn't sent to my email, it was sent to my Xisto PM inbox. It looks like someone is trying to exploit Xisto for spammy purposes...

but it should be interesting if I get a response about some spam related things

'Mr. President of Nigeria,

I would be delighted to help you in your quest to retrieve the gold from the dragon's den.

I am already equipping myself with the necessary armour and weaponry for the battle.

However, I am unable to afford the last three pieces of Mithril which is needed for me to forge my 'Golden Mithril Battle Axe of Flame Resist'.

If you would still like me to slay the dragon, I request a mere three pieces of Mithril, each of mass 1200 grams.

You can deliver these pieces to 419 Nabb Street, Nabbland.

Thank you,

Nabb.'

There be dragons!

'Mr. President of Nigeria,
I would be delighted to help you in your quest to retrieve the gold from the dragon's den.

I am already equipping myself with the necessary armour and weaponry for the battle.

However, I am unable to afford the last three pieces of Mithril which is needed for me to forge my 'Golden Mithril Battle Axe of Flame Resist'.

If you would still like me to slay the dragon, I request a mere three pieces of Mithril, each of mass 1200 grams.

You can deliver these pieces to 419 Nabb Street, Nabbland.

Thank you,

Nabb.'

There be dragons!

its funny, is this scam still works today, i still remember how old times people getting such a spam and then the person need to pay for an amount to get the prize or money they promises, but in fact they are cheating people, one of my friend is cheated for this you got prize email. And if the marcy one, anyway what can they gain from? Maybe email address?

:) Thanks for the alert Michael. I'll keep watch. :)How did she/he get your email anyways? Thats strange. Looks like you got yourself some spam dude. :D

Strange email but i dont think this is a spam but a way to send trojan. He/She asked you to reply the email and he/she sends a pic to you. You click on the pic and boom, Trojans flooding into your computer.jpg, gif is famous to be a "mask" to many Trojans. Think again, how would that be a spam or scam if he/she didnt ask you for personal information and etc?

I got a interesting email today from marcy4u208@gmail.com

I sent a reply saying I don't know this site :) , but it should be interesting if I get a response about some spam related things, but I thought I let members know about this just encase they get a similar email and what not.

I got exactly the same message you have shown from the same sender. But the mail was thrown in the spam box by my hotmail account. It seems that the spammer is targeting the hosted members emails from the hosting applications. I have separate mail account for Xisto and till date all the spam messages were from fake persons claiming to be a lawyer and would want to share the money of his dead client and so on... It is evident that only these type of spammers are targeting emails from trap.

Just thinking why don't the admins do something to clear of all those emails in the Hosting applications forum.

No e-mail nor private message for me, perhaps the girl has private intentions just for you sm? he he he

Well I got a reply from the person who saw my profile and funny I had gotten a repy from this person years ago and she hasn't aged a bit.

Dearest,I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.How was your day?,Mine is a little bit cold over here in Dakar Senegal .

My name is Mercy from Liberia in West Africa 23 yrs,5.3ft tall, dark in complexion,(never married before )and presently i am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country.My late father Dr Wilson Khalifa was the personal advicer to the former head of state before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold .It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country Senegal where i am leaving now.

I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture and I will also like to see your picture.

Hoping to hear from you soonest
yours in love,
Mercy.

So yeah just drop this email or ones related to to the spam bucket as I did in three easy steps :).
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Wow SM. You sure know how to fish for the ladies. :) It's kind of strange how you got that in your inbox. Gmail is pretty darn good at filtering out spam... assuming you are using Gmail too, of course.I've been mostly spam-free since I've joined. :D Makes me want to advertise Gmail to everyone out there, but to each his/her own, right? Not to mention that for most computer-literate users, e-mails like that should automatically warrant a prompt response of clicking that Spam/Delete button...Apparently it still works because people are STILL doing it. :)

Thank youXisto Email Spam Scam - Warning

thank you for letting me know about bthe spam. I received a similar mail but from Nancy Khalifa with the same information keep doing well

-reply by paul