xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
static

Windows Service Pack 2 Problem Security Center Issue

I am trying to get the Security Center icon back to my taskbar at the bottom, but I am having problems. When I get to the Security Center in my Control Panel it reads that the Security Center is currently unavaliable because it hasn't been started or stopped. I have also reset my computer but it still reads the same message. How do I start up the Security Center again?

"Note: If your computer is part of a domain (a group of computers on a network), your security settings are typically managed by your network administrator. In this case, the Security Center does not display your security status or send alerts."that could be the reason. if it's not i think you could uninstall SP2 and install it again, always works...

my advice to you is to get rid of service pack 2 because there are so many flaws and bugs its not worth it.....if you go to microsoft.com you can find a 3 page list of incompatible programs that wont work on sp2 that worked before...