xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deretto

I Want A Bit More ...and I want it now

I'm a 19 year old male with a high school diploma. I don't go to college. I work retail at 8.23/hr. My apartment is practically empty. I have almost no furniture. I don't even have a bed. I don't really have the money to buy the things I'd like and it's really bothersome. I don't want to deal with another 4 years of school in HOPES that I'd be able to get a good job. I like my retail job at the moment, but like anyone else I want to be where the money's at. I don't even have enough to get myself a car. I have to ride the bus everywhere...

Why don't you live with your family, they are there to support you in times of need and I am sure you will always be welcomed back home! My sister is like 22 and she still lives at home, but does that matter?How did you end up alone in an apartment with nothing anyway? Who pays the rent? Do you live with anyone?A200

I have a roommate and we share the rent. I moved away on my own accord. I know my family still supports me and if it came down to it I could back, but I want to do it on my own.

I'm a 19 year old male with a high school diploma. I don't go to college. I work retail at 8.23/hr. My apartment is practically empty. I have almost no furniture. I don't even have a bed. I don't really have the money to buy the things I'd like and it's really bothersome. I don't want to deal with another 4 years of school in HOPES that I'd be able to get a good job. I like my retail job at the moment, but like anyone else I want to be where the money's at. I don't even have enough to get myself a car. I have to ride the bus everywhere...

I think you should try to do some business, like knowing what business is suitable for you, try to collect money or at least lend from someone who can trust you. Build a profitable business and earn from it. Then buy furnitures and cars you like. While the drawback of studying is that they perhaps can get a job better, but some might lack of personality, so they just work and can't have better career and so on, so studying is just an option while what we really need is a smart people to do business, or smart people at work that can have good career.

Just pray and believe in god, sometimes god can be helpful, open your heart to anyone so you can have any chances that you met up with, try not to think too far is a good start since to think cannot solve problems but to to do is more likely to solve it.

Ok. At 19, your mind is young. Theres alot of thought process that you have to go through. Sure, everyone at a really young age wants to hit it big. Shoot, at 19, I had no idea what I wanted to do in life. I was a year out of HS, I was enjoying life. I didn't want to go to school for 4 more years. I had an Accord at the time, (1991 SE), and during that time...my sh*t didn't stink. I was considering starting up business.....but with what money? I had no money, bad credit, and a minimum wage job barely covering my expenses. There was no way a business was a thought, even though I had plenty of ideas! So, I decided to go to school after that 1 year out of school. I figured the younger i'd be to finish the 4years, the quicker I can start earing better money.Now, 30, and I have a 4yr degree in CIS and without it, i wouldn't be comfortable to this day. I recommend going to school, getting it done, and finding a respectable job. Then, as spare time, you do a business. And if you're goal-oriented and determined, you can be successful in both. Finally I am able to start up a business with new ideas and a better approach than if i was 19 and clueless.You'll find your way. No Matter what. Good luck

yes if you live in america then I dont think this days you could be something like a steve jobs who was a drop out of college...maybe if you don't want the hole 4 year thing you could go to a community college half time and the go for something thecnical that wont give you as much money a 4 year college but more than you earn know...and maybe if you see fit that do the 4 year thing...in my country the minimum of studies is 5 years and that doesnt guarantee at all that you'll have a job.