xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
godfather89

How To Gain Weight

Hello,well I am 19 years of age and 5 8' in height. I am desperately looking to gain weight but as much as i try it just doesn't happen for me. Some times I feel I just don't have the tendancy to gain weight, at other times I feel I am not doing something right. So if any of you can suggest a good diet that has worked for you, or any other way i could gain weight, go ahead i am listening.

Might i ask why you are tying to gain weight?If you feel you are underweight and it is affecting your health see your doctor who may be able to diagnose the problem,several conditions can lead to an inability to gain weight, and these should be checked by the doctor. It probably isnt serious but being dangerously underweight is just as bad as being overweight and your doctor can either advise a diet or sort out the root problem so that you can eat normal food and stay at your ideal weight.Remember that weight isnt the key issue, its your weight to height ration. For example im 6ft3 tall, if i were to weight the same as you i would be seriously underweight and very at risk. Same as if you weighed the same as me (as im taller) you'd be overweight. So my advice is ask the doctor. He knows your medical history and roughly what your ideal weight should be.

I have been to a doctor, and everything is fine with me. My problem is I fail to stick to a quality diet. I consume a lot of fast food and soft drinks. I have been told to stick to healthy food, but we don't have really good doctors here and healthy food is a very broad category. My height to weight ratio is not impressive. My major problem is I am very choosy about my food, and that leads to me going hungry on days i don't like whats cooked in the house(I live with my parents). However, I have decided its time to do something about my weight and thus I am looking for advise from people who have been in a position like me and have managed to gain weight to come forward and tell me how did they manage that.

If you're trying to gain muscle mass then eat lots of protien. Don't bother with those body-building weight gain powders as they are mostly powdered milk and eggs sold to you at a high price. Just get real milk and eggs, soya, fish, meat and if you're hitting the weights at the same time then you should see yourself build some bulk and strength as well.When you are at the gym, don't try training on fancy, muscle isolating machines. Stick with basic movements like bench press bar rows and squats. Literally dont do anything else. Then you should gain weight.

I can sympathize with your situation godfather89. I am 28 now and have been trying to build my body mass for 10 years. Diffuser is on the right track with recommending a high protein diet in combination with strength training types of exercises. Protein is the most important building block for muscle but don't neglect your other nutrients. I recommend in particular, reading about amino acids. I know staying on a consistent diet is hard to do, but finding a few simple, quality meals to prepare when the family decides to eat eggplant soup is the most important thing to do. There are a few sources of protein and you'll eventually discover that not all protein is created equal. Protein from animals is usually the easiest source, but the experts say that whey protein is the best for you. As for exercising, I agree with Diffuser's suggestion to stick to basic movement type exercises. In addition to keeping the exercise simple, mass building exercises tend to have fewer repetitions with heavier weights. When I hired a personal trainer to help me with this problem, he suggested using a weight that is heavy enough, that when I tried to do three sets of 10 repetitions with the weight, I would fail on the third set at about the eighth count. Be careful to warm up your muscles before starting these exercises and don't be macho and use too much weight. Exercise a little bit everyday and develop a rotation of exercises so you can hit all the major muscle groups at least three times a week and all the muscle groups get a day to recover in between.Good luck, let us know how it is coming along.

weight-gainHow To Gain Weight

Hi

I m Numeria hassan.

I just want to know about my diet for gaining my weight.I m 20 years old and my height is 5.4.

I want to knw how I can make my weight gain and how I can be healthy in 2/3 weaks?

Please do contace with me on my email address and tell me easy and affordable diet for gaining my weight.

I will be waitng for your weekly e-mails.

Please help me 4 my weight gain its is really important for me to get to knw and to be appear as healthy person .

-reply by Numeria hassan

I have been to a doctor, and everything is fine with me. My problem is I fail to stick to a quality diet. I consume a lot of fast food and soft drinks. I have been told to stick to healthy food, but we don't have really good doctors here and healthy food is a very broad category. My height to weight ratio is not impressive. My major problem is I am very choosy about my food, and that leads to me going hungry on days i don't like whats cooked in the house(I live with my parents). However, I have decided its time to do something about my weight and thus I am looking for advise from people who have been in a position like me and have managed to gain weight to come forward and tell me how did they manage that.

godfather, we're actually in the same situation.

i stay with my family but we got a maid who cant cook and i end up eating 2 meals everyday and thats after waiting for hunger to really get to me. her cooking has literally spoiled my appetite and so life. im just about 5'6/7 im not too sure but i happen to be called short, which i really don't mind lol

back to my diet, i have tried so much..even bought those powders and pushed weights. the results were alright as i started gaining but i ended up taking only them and decided to stop because i was going to hurt my body. what had driven me was the fact that i just can't eat her food and my weight has gone done by as much as 6kgs...which is the opposite of what i wanted.

i need help on what i should it. I 've made the decision to cook for myself, but living as a family its not easy as i cannot prepare my own food separately all the time :)