xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeune

Having Trouble Accessing Google

I opened my computer this morning very excited about checking my email but to no avail because till now I am having a hard time connecting to gmail and google. I already tried a few things like1. reset my modem2. virus and malware scan my computers but as I found out it's not only a problem in my pc. It's a problem in all of the pcs here at home as well. We're all connected to the internet via a wireless hub (linksys). Well recently I found out that the firmware of our hub is corrupted (meaning people could connect to our network and use our internet) and has to be changed but I wonder if that corrupted firmware has anything to do with me not being to access google. It's either that or google is having some problems which is unthinkable for me. Any other thoughts people? thanks.

No your corrupted firmware would not cause you to see google, but sounds like an ISP thing and so what I recommend is that you delete your browser caches, cookies and history and then wait a couple of hours for the DNS to see if google comes back up. I know google is up right now and so another suggestion I have is to to ping the google domain and see what happens.