xisto Community
trinest

Gmail Messenger Or Google Messenger Gmail Should Have Its Own Messenger Serv

Gmail should have its own messanger service...Why? Because Gmail is so popuar now if google relased a gmail messanger service next well then it will be better.So far google has released alot of things for Gmail that not meny email perviders pervide....cost free.Gmail has a desktop feature that you can look to see if you have any new emails.So why cant Gmail lanuch a msn like service for gmail.

Yeah... i'm agree withn you, but unfortunately gmail is'nt popular yet (that's what i think), gmail will "maybe" popular if it is finally not such a Beta Version (i wonder why does gmail hasn't stop its beta version), if gmail really intend to make such a like MSN messenger thing, they should finish their gmail "beta version" first, that should be still many bug on it....Gmail antivirus is really bad, i wonder what antivirus they use, but the email filter is very good, even too good, email with no subject even will be categorized as spam!!By the way, i think i have 4 gmail invitations left, just email me if u want it :rolleyes: (gmail give me another 6 invitations)

Yeah... i'm agree withn you, but unfortunately gmail is'nt popular yet (that's what i think), gmail will "maybe" popular if it is finally not such a Beta Version (i wonder why does gmail hasn't stop its beta version), if gmail really intend to make such a like MSN messenger thing, they should finish their gmail "beta version" first, that should be still many bug on it....

Gmail antivirus is really bad, i wonder what antivirus they use, but the email filter is very good, even too good, email with no subject even will be categorized as spam!!

By the way, i think i have 4 gmail invitations left, just email me if u want it :P (gmail give me another 6 invitations)

42024[/snapback]

the google messenger idea has been floating around for a while, the idea is that it should be able to check gmail, to post in blogger (like hello), to manager google groups, to be a client of google desktop search.

but you are right, google should first make gmail public, although there is no indication it will happen any time soon.

(i wonder why does gmail hasn't stop its beta version)

42024[/snapback]

Probably because they add a lot of new settings and tools for user :P

if gmail really intend to make such a like MSN messenger thing, they should finish their gmail "beta version" first, that should be still many bug on it....

That is right, they will probbly change a lot of things and so, if they release a Gmail Messenger now, there will be probably a lot of update due to Gmail update :D

yeah I agree with that gmail should have itself messenger. even though it is not so poppular now like jotmail and yahoo. but it will be better if they has own messenger for give chance to people to help they improve gmail service.and it will be another way to promote gmail to other service user to try them. and make the new choice to the chat addict user (like me :P ). but I think it will be long then gmail messenger to come poppular if they have.they must better than msn messenger and yahoo messenger or icq. If they can make it. It will go to be the best one email service like msn and yahoo. :D

Why not u use Gmail notifier in Mozila firefox browser. It may solve messenger's problem.

Gmail should have its own messanger service...

Why? Because Gmail is so popuar now if google relased a gmail messanger service next well then it will be better.

So far google has released alot of things for Gmail that not meny email perviders pervide....cost free.

Gmail has a desktop feature that you can look to see if you have any new emails.

So why cant Gmail lanuch a msn like service for gmail.

42002[/snapback]

Don't think so. There are far too many IMs already so that muti-protocol IMs like Trillian and GAIM are getting more and more popular. I got an account at ICQ in 1996 something (when I was on 28K modem) and I think I am the first bunch to play with what we call IMs (excluding channel-based IRC). I got fed up with it 1 year later and I am not using it anymore. Can't see why people like IMs.

Why not u use Gmail notifier in Mozila firefox browser. It may solve messenger's problem.

A mail notifier can not take place of Messenger. Mail notificaton is just one function of messenger not only one. So I don't think that Gmail notifier can solve messenger's problem in any case.
But it will be very good if Google launches its Messenger becasue I am sure it will be different and useful than others.

It seems to me that there's already a ton of IM clients floating around, why would it benefit google to add another unless they could overtake a substancial (sp?) portion of the market.

42095[/snapback]

Well, there were numerous email services including free and paid services around and people thought there were few can be done in terms of improving email services.

Then gmail came, showing there are still a lot can be done and everybody now benifits from the much larger email storage, whether directly from gmail or from hotmail or Yahoo, thanks to gmail.

so I am sure although there are a lot of IM around, it can still be improved and if there is one company can do this, that is google.

Well maybe google should have an actual sign up page for gmail accounts?I reckon it might be weird. and wont hit off straight away I mean msn is soo popular now and people might find it a drag to re add all those contacts plus some people can not get gmail... so i dont know.

All of my friends hate gmail so even if they got a IM it would have to be compatible with other ones aswell for me to use it......

42110[/snapback]

I hardly found anyone to dislike Gmail, not to mention hate. You and your friends must work for microsoft or Yahoo or some email services. :P

seriously Gmail can still use some improvement, but even so it is already one of the best, if not THE best.

I have to agree with burgen. Though GMail has a few issues, such as claiming incompatibility with Opera 7.6, it unquestionably beats any other web mail service out there, free or pay-for. They even offer free POP access! How can one beat this when they offer so much right off the bat, really?

Hummz, a messenger for gmail huh? Well it would be a good idea :P. It shouldnt be a copy of msn, yaahoo or AIM tho... They should make it more custumizable, that you can change buttons, colors etc withoud needing to makr themes or to open the source. Also they should make a system that you can put features in and out (Like the mozilla firefox plug ins). The thing that bothers me the most at msn is that its awfully slow sometimes, if you wpould be able to turn off features you never use you could make it faster (Depending on your pc's specs)The thing that bothers me the most about aim, is that it loads very slow and usally stops my pc from loadng any other files before aim is loaded. If Gmail messenger would have those things fixed I guess it should be worth a try. With 1000 mb storage you could share files etc with email too