xisto Community
travstatesmen

Editing Posts Alters Credits? Does being retrospecitvely pedantic pay?

Well I sure didn't know any of this thievery of credits was going on by RedAlert. I thought I'd send him this topic as a laugh about old times, posting on trap. Hmmmm. However, you certainly should not be following his example. I'm sure the moderators and admins will step up a bit now to make sure this can't happen anymore.

So this text-same-colour-as-background thing has been done before.I devised a method that is almost undetectable. It doesn't create massive blank space. No text is hidden and visible by highlighting... But you can hit the quote button! Damn!So what do I do with this, should I leave it alone, or tell someone who would be able to do something about it, or what...(no, I haven't abused it anywhere, feel free to check all my 53 posts)edit) Har, I had another idea but it doesn't work. But it's IPB that blocks it!

Edited by Nabb (see edit history)

Also you want to stop at 30 credits to get the default package because once you get hosted you lose all your credits.

Whoa... what?

That's something that I can hopefully see changing... since I do plan on being hosted myself, but I never actually applied for hosting because I actually never figured out what I would want to do with a website yet, hence my plan to just save up credits for the time being. If this was outlined in the rules, apparently it wasn't obvious or I missed that very, very important statement. :)

I'd like to keep my credit count when I decide to host and cough up 30 credits... not 1700+ credits for default hosting. :)

Yes, rayzoredge, I got caught out exactly the same way. I had built up over 100 Credits before I signed up for my hosting package with Xisto, expecting to see 30 of them used as per the advertised offer. But I didn't read the hidden small print either, and when I found that all my Credits except for a paltry 4 were taken to start my hosting I was quite shocked! I know that this problem has been addressed in the Suggestions For Version 3 Of The Credit System, and I hope that it gets adopted. It is too late for me now, and for others, and probably for you as well, but I hope that v3 will fix this problem. Either that or they should change the advertising, and say something like "It takes a minimum of 30 Credits for package 2 hosting, and will consume practically all your Credits when you start getting hosted." And this should be prominent, and not hidden in a link to a post, which is linked from the rules. I've already had my say on how confusing the rules are here, and I think something really needs to be done about it.

Very cute rvalkass, but a ridiculous idea? Really? It got me many credits and you didn't even "catch" it until I told you about it. It seems like a great idea to me.

Yes, but your posts were in long-dead threads that were made before I was a mod :) When I found the topics, it was fairly obvious.

Yes, but your posts were in long-dead threads that were made before I was a mod :) When I found the topics, it was fairly obvious.

You found them because I linked them to you AND told you what rule I broke. You would never had found them because I only edited them after the threads had already been long-dead.