xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomOverdose

What's The Real Member Behind The Username?

So I'm sure many of us, if we seriously think about it, can say that the person we portray when we are online and the person we are in real life are slightly, if not quite a bit, different. Being able to have a measure of control about the way people can 'view' you online, while behind a computer screen, makes it hard to truly know who the real member is.Well my question is....how different do you think you are on warez-bb to real life in personality?Myself, well I guess I would say that I see myself as being more serious on w-bb than in real life, something that wasn't intentional but just happened when I posted in the topics that interests me. I guess I tend to think about how easy it can be to make a lasting impression with a simple sentence that can easily be taken a different way, so Im quite careful about portraying the fun side to my personality. Those that know me on msn, skype and around would hopefully agree with me when I say I'm someone who loves to laugh a lot and have a bit of fun with a slightly serious side. :)

So I'm sure many of us, if we seriously think about it, can say that the person we portray when we are online and the person we are in real life are slightly, if not quite a bit, different. Being able to have a measure of control about the way people can 'view' you online, while behind a computer screen, makes it hard to truly know who the real member is.
Well my question is....how different do you think you are on warez-bb to real life in personality?

Myself, well I guess I would say that I see myself as being more serious on w-bb than in real life, something that wasn't intentional but just happened when I posted in the topics that interests me. I guess I tend to think about how easy it can be to make a lasting impression with a simple sentence that can easily be taken a different way, so Im quite careful about portraying the fun side to my personality.

Those that know me on msn, skype and around would hopefully agree with me when I say I'm someone who loves to laugh a lot and have a bit of fun with a slightly serious side. :)

The real people must write and and act the same. Some how in the net we dont know for sure who is who, such as clone also exist, and we dont really know people behind the computer. I think that in warez-bb people must have purpose, for example in this bb we wish to have a free hosting, and some might express themselves in bb like their life where they dont have person to listen to for their question. If we can, give good impression in bb, yes like freedom by giving laugh and show the fun side.

In all forums i go, i act like myself in real life. The reason i do that so that if i was given a chance to meet other specific forum members, they wont have an impression of omg, you are a two face! geek in forum, jerk in real life. Stilll i love being anonymous in the Internet :)

When writing, one can EDIT. It's so nice. I can write a bunch of nonsense, then go back and write larger and more effective language. I can hide anger, sadness, happiness, and even ignorance behind a facade of text. I can take two hours and think of a better answer than what I would say to a friend in the same room. I can reread everything, rewrite everything, and pretend I'm a leprechaun if I want. Nobody will know me. If we all were comfortable talking about anything to anyone, we would all be out talking to real people all the time and forums like this would be empty. This forum provides a wonderful conversation place for everything under the sun.All that being said, I try to be myself. But I don't seriously speak like this all the time. One can be much more eloquent in writing than speaking, or at least more flowing.