5) Eagles

6) Giants

NFC Championship

1) Eagles

2) Cowboys

Superbowl

1) Eagles

2) Jets

It's really entertaining to look at these preseason picks now that the season is half over.Now I think it looks like the Steelers will take the AFC North and I doubt the Browns will make the playoffs at all. The Titans are clearly running away with the AFC South, and despite this preseason pick of Tennessee being in the cellar of their division, I believe they'll end up as the #1 AFC seed. The AFC East and West are too close to call for me.The NFC North looks too close to call right no too. I'm going to go ahead and call the NFX South for Carolina though, because I'm a homer and they're leading the division. I think Tampa Bay will make the playoffs, but I don't thisnk the Saints will. NFC East -- well the Giants look like the division winners and I'm thinking either the Eagles or the Redskins make the playoffs, but I don't think the preseason darling Cowboys will. NFC West goes to Arizona.I'm not ready to call the Super Bowl yet, but I'm still holding a lot of hope the Panthers make it to the Big Game.

I would predict:AFC:Jets vs TitansNFC:Giants vs CardindalsSuperbowl:It might be Jets vs Giants!!!!!!!How exciting would that be????I can't wait to see how it really turns out, but there's definately a good chance it could be Giants vs Jets. I would have to guess the Giants would win that game, but with Farve leading them, the Jets might be able to pull it off.

So much for that Jets Giants Super Bowl. As a Jet fan i'm hurting really bad. Hopefully the new coach will finally bring the Jets to the promise land. So heres my predictions for the playoffs (Go Chad).Miami beats Baltimore, Chad Pennington throws for three-hundred yards and Woody Johnson cries.Atlanta crushes Arizona. Arizona is pretty bad and the Falcons have done some magical things this season with rookie Quarterback Matt Ryan.Indy beats San Diego. Indy is a great team and Peyton Manning is still the best quarterback in the league.Philadelphia beats Minnesota. I don't sew Minnesota could win unless Westbrook gets hurt or McNabb plays like the bad McNabb.Philadelphia beats the Giants. Eli Manning just isnt good enough to get it done against a great pass defense like the Eagles. Shutdown the run and shutdown the Giants.Carolina beats the Falcons. Carolina is just the better team.The Dolphins beat the Steelers, Pennington will not turn the ball over.The Colts upset the Titans, Manning sticks it to them again.Carolina beats Philadelphia in a close one.The Dolphins stun the world when they beat the Colts and go to the super bowl after last years 1-15 season. Once again Chad Pennington does not turn the ball over.Carolina beats the Dolphins in the Super Bowl.

We Dallas fans are heartbroken :P ....to go from 13-3 to not being in the play-offs stings, especially after a 3-0 start...just ask Bronco fans =)...Seeing as how Chennahan just got laid off... Amazing to watch teams shoot themselves in the foot...If Mike came to the Cowboys, even as a coordinator it would be AMAZING, The Cowboys are practically stacked as it is... Our only real problem this year was our secondaries lack of communication... The fact that over half our starters had been injured and missed or played games at less than their usual potential is the reason we missed the post season...Injuries destroyed our team, Our starting quarterback was injured TWICE and missed 4 games. Our first and second string runningbacks both injured (alhough Tashard did an amazing job filling in). Pacman Jones getting suspended and getting injured his first game back, Witten playing healing ribs practically all season and our O line was practically full of recovering injuries all season. The D-line after week 9 was amaizing though most sacks in the NFL leading by nearly 10!!Yeah next year the Boys will be back with revenge in thier minds....Next Season the Cowboys will be the first team to win 6!!!! [edit] They weren't the most sacks in team history i have No idea why i said that, they DID lead the league in sacks by nearly ten this season though....with 8 in one game against arguably the number one offensive line in the LEAGUE (The Giants)!

Edited by DarkNova (see edit history)

I would predict:
AFC:
Jets vs Titans

NFC:
Giants vs Cardindals

Superbowl:
It might be Jets vs Giants!!!!!!!

How exciting would that be????
I can't wait to see how it really turns out, but there's definately a good chance it could be Giants vs Jets. I would have to guess the Giants would win that game, but with Farve leading them, the Jets might be able to pull it off.

We Dallas fans are heartbroken :P ....
to go from 13-3 to not being in the play-offs stings, especially after a 3-0 start...just ask Bronco fans =)...

Seeing as how Chennahan just got laid off... Amazing to watch teams shoot themselves in the foot...

If Mike came to the Cowboys, even as a coordinator it would be AMAZING, The Cowboys are practically stacked as it is... Our only real problem this year was our secondaries lack of communication...

The fact that over half our starters had been injured and missed or played games at less than their usual potential is the reason we missed the post season...

Injuries destroyed our team, Our starting quarterback was injured TWICE and missed 4 games. Our first and second string runningbacks both injured (alhough Tashard did an amazing job filling in). Pacman Jones getting suspended and getting injured his first game back, Witten playing healing ribs practically all season and our O line was practically full of recovering injuries all season. The D-line after week 9 was amaizing though most sacks in the NFL leading by nearly 10!!

Yeah next year the Boys will be back with revenge in thier minds....
Next Season the Cowboys will be the first team to win 6!!!!

that would be a very good maytch up but nota not gonna happen

AFC:
Jets vs Titans

NFC:
Giants vs Cardindals

SUPPER BOWL

Titans
vs
Giants

Winner Titans 42 14.

thunder dude i don't mean to sound condesending but i'm pretty sure the Jets were out of the play-offs before you ever made that post? also why did you quote me? that was lil bit confusing

How about the Titans loosing to Baltimore and Arizona absolutely stomping on Carolina? The two best teams in the league, in my opinion, just lost. Baltimore's got something special going though. Joe Flacco has an absolute cannon for an arm. Some of the throws he makes are just unbelievable. I think Baltimore could go all the way especially if the Steelers get knocked off by San Diego. How about the 8-8 San Diego Chargers hosting the 11-5 Baltimore Ravens in the AFC championship game? That's a little messed up.

thunder dude i don't mean to sound condesending but i'm pretty sure the Jets were out of the play-offs before you ever made that post? also why did you quote me? that was lil bit confusing

Strange I just noticed that myself. maybe a mistaken click. oh well its all good. even though the Titans lost :P a little upset I did not get a chance to watch any Football at all today :P

Today's games should be great. Phily and New York is going to be great and i really think that Phily could pull it off. I'm even more interested to see how Arizona will play next week. They were the coldest team going into the playoffs and are arguably the hottest team right now next to Baltimore. Chargers versus steelers will be interesting also because how well Rothlisburger plays after the week17 concussion will decided it. I think San Diego can pull it off. Imagine the top four teams (Titans, Panthers, Giants, Steelers) all not making it to the championship round?

Giants Eagles was a great game. There were a few lead changes before Phily put it away with those two fourth down stands and the pass to Jackson. Steelers blew out the Chargers though. Ill be rooting for Baltimore and Arizona. If you remember, earlier in the season the Ravens lost to the Steelers on a questionable touchdown at the last minute. That will be a great game. A Cardinals Ravens super bowl will be great. Probably not what the NFL and all the networks were hoping for because none of the big-market teams are in but who cares.

Today's games should be great. Phily and New York is going to be great and i really think that Phily could pull it off. I'm even more interested to see how Arizona will play next week. They were the coldest team going into the playoffs and are arguably the hottest team right now next to Baltimore. Chargers versus steelers will be interesting also because how well Rothlisburger plays after the week17 concussion will decided it. I think San Diego can pull it off. Imagine the top four teams (Titans, Panthers, Giants, Steelers) all not making it to the championship round?

I agree on the top 4 teams. I know so many must have lost a bunch on it. I know I did :P

I agree on the top 4 teams. I know so many must have lost a bunch on it. I know I did :P

Tell me about it, Pittsburgh covering killed me. At least i made out on Phily and Baltimore!

Thought I'd share my thoughts on the Jets coaching situation. My guy is Rex Ryan. He's one ofthe best if not the best defensive coordinator of his time, won a super bowl, and might be on his way to another. His dad was Buddy Ryan, defensive coordinator for the jets when they won super bowl three. He spoke with the team for five hours on Sunday. Reports are that both sides are impressed. He can run a 4-3, 3-4 and 46 defense which is good because the Jets have a 3-4 personel in place and have the versitility to mix schemes. This post season his defense has eight turnovers in two games. Football Outsiders ranks his Ravens defenses as coordinator (2005: 5th 2006: 1st, 2007: 9th, 2008: 2nd) among the highest in the league. The wealth of knowledge in the Ryan family?s collective heads is impressive. Ryan?s base defense in Baltimore is a 3-4, but they do play the hybrid style that the Jets also employ. Scheme seems less important to Rex Ryan than utilizing his personnel to their best abilities. With the amount of players in and out of a team over the course of just a few years, it?s impressive to see that the defensive unit of the Ravens has been one of the most consistent in the NFL for the last ten years, ranking in the top ten every year during that time according to Football Outsiders. Rex has only been the Coordinator since 2005, but it?s been just as good as it was under the leadership of other Coordinators. There are some negatives; Rex Ryan has never been a head coach, seemingly at any level according to his Wikipedia entry. Is he able to take on the duties of head coaching, or is he a better Defensive Coordinator? There are also questions about whether his skill with defense was because of Ozzie Newsome?s personnel choices, or whether it was the coordination of that personnel. Ryan would now be the third Head Coach to come from being the Defensive Coordinator prior to that job. Marvin Lewis is languishing in Cincinnati while Mike Nolan was already fired in San Francisco this past year. When you think about the Jets front seven, there?s maybe just one or two players that could easily be upgraded, so it very well could mean that the Jets defense will get better. If Rex Ryan becomes the Head Coach of the Jets, unless he has a pick of his own for Offensive Coordinator it probably means keeping Brian Schottenheimer, Bill Callahan or both. Look for Ryan to pick someone as a Defensive Coordinator from within or maybe he?ll take someone from his Ravens staff to come in and implement what they are already familiar with in Baltimore. I'd like to see Romeo Crennel as the defensive coordinator.

How about these losers who busted up a couple of cars in the parking lot after the Giants game. The obviously druken idiots decided to take a bat to an already burned up porsche and then a suv. The filmed it and it can be seen here: http://www.si.com/ the guys filmed it and posted it on youtube. the video was removed but was ripped and posted at the previously mentioned location. Post game tailgating has gotten out of control and teams need to do a better job of regulating it and making sure that it is safe for every one.