xisto Community
shadowx

Why Do Hosted Members Need Posts Aproved In The Internet Forum? This is deeply annoying.

Ive posted a few topics in the internet forum now, and its really annoying that hosted members (any member in general but i understand about spam protection) need to have their topics approved.Now i understand that to protect from spam and what not some posts need reviewing but at the end of the day, being a hosted member means two things: One is that im probably going to be an active and good member of the forums and not spam anyway and Two: that if i do spam you can just take my hosting credits/hosting away.So why do i need to wait for approval?the mods do a great job but sometimes a thread slips through their radar and just drops off the edge of the forum. If its not in the recent posts/topics list it rarely gets seen so its just so irritating.can we please have all hosted members being able to post in the internet forum without needing approval? Or even those with a post count over 50, or 75 etc?PLEASE?

This doesn't bother me much since I don't post in the Internet forum often, but I think that it must take up quite a bit of time and effort on the mod's parts. It does seem strange that everybody has to wait for their posts to be approved, even when many of them are reputable posters. It can also be troublesome when the poster needs a question answered quickly and yet has to wait at least a few hours for his question to even get through. I agree that restriction should be lifted for members with higher posts counts.

Ive posted a few topics in the internet forum now, and its really annoying that hosted members (any member in general but i understand about spam protection) need to have their topics approved.
Now i understand that to protect from spam and what not some posts need reviewing but at the end of the day, being a hosted member means two things: One is that im probably going to be an active and good member of the forums and not spam anyway and Two: that if i do spam you can just take my hosting credits/hosting away.

So why do i need to wait for approval?

the mods do a great job but sometimes a thread slips through their radar and just drops off the edge of the forum. If its not in the recent posts/topics list it rarely gets seen so its just so irritating.

can we please have all hosted members being able to post in the internet forum without needing approval? Or even those with a post count over 50, or 75 etc?

PLEASE?

i agree, perhaps approval is needed if the member is not hosted or approved host but with few credits. If the user is hosted with quite many credits, it seems that they are serious in the hosting and so does not spam, so just allow them to post. I like to do post in some forum but because of approval i just dont post it, and instead post in other sub forum, thats just make people trying to hinder approval needed sub forum.

As far as I am aware, the forum software (IPB) doesn't allow for that sort of conditioning. I don't think there is an option to say that people in a certain group require approval, while others don't (but I'm not sure - it's a while since I used IPB). Therefore it is a choice between approval for everyone, or allowing every post. A huge amount of spam reaches the Internet forum, and it therefore makes more sense to require moderator approval for all posts, otherwise legitimate posts would likely disappear under a pile of spam.I know it can get slightly annoying, but I certainly don't mind getting PMs asking me to look at a topic and approve it. If a moderator is online then that is usually the best option. Personally, I always look in the forums which require approval and approve legitimate posts whenever I can.

Well all forums need strict rules to be ran properly, especially in a really, really massive one like Xisto. Its part of keeping things in control, moderation is their defense against people who repeatedly generate spam at the expense of damaging the forums. But I do agree tow a certain extent it is annoying, so far so that i do not make threads there anymore