xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
i_speel_good

My Experience With World Of Warcraft. Discovering a new game and a new world

Last week, a World of Warcraft playing friend of mine asked me if I wanted to start playing the game, thinking it would be fun. So I accepted. The next day he came over at my house with his World of Warcraft DVD and we installed it on my PC, so that we wouldn't have to download it, that would take loads of time. Then we downloaded the patches and I was all set..We were on a net cafe last saturday, and he sent me a guest pass and I started up the 10-day trial. The reason I had him send me the guest pass instead of taking the trial myself is because we'd be able to summon each other when we needed help. I created my account and started up World of Warcraft. I logged in and made my Undead Warlock character (for anyone wondering, my character's named "Sprunk" (without the quotes) and I'm playing in the Twilight's Hammer realm). So as soon as I started my friend started teaching me all the basics. I already knew some shortcuts (B, which shows the backpack and C which shows your character) because I had played World of Warcraft one time before but I didn't know anything so I failed at that time. He taught me loads of things and helps me when I'm stuck in some difficult quest.World of Warcraft is massive. It's a huge world, full of different creatures awaiting to be slayed (xD) and quests ready to be completed. As I have never played any MMORPG's before, the game's something new to me. The game is simply addicting and awesome. I could never understand why all these 9 million+ people liked it until I played the game. Now I know.Some days ago I bought the World of Warcraft battle chest, which contains the World of Warcraft game itself, The Burning Crusade expansion and a strategy guide for the 2 games. It also included the 10-day guest pass and a free month :)Right now, I'm level 12. And I've been playing only 2 hours a day for 6 days. 4 days left in the trial (the day I made this thread is the seventh)So, yeah.

World of Warcraft is simplified for new MMO gamers like you. I play WoW when it first launch and quit 2 years later due to over addiction. Anyway, dont rush on the leveling, take your time cruising through the content.Ask you friend on crafting / gathering profession advice. You need to rely on that for income. Have fun :)p/s : dont get over addicted :)

World of Warcraft is simplified for new MMO gamers like you. I play WoW when it first launch and quit 2 years later due to over addiction. Anyway, dont rush on the leveling, take your time cruising through the content.
Ask you friend on crafting / gathering profession advice. You need to rely on that for income. Have fun :D
p/s : dont get over addicted :)

I already do tailoring and mining as a profession. As for the talents, my friend's going to show them to me sometime when he comes over my house.
Thanks for the advice though.

Oh and,

I can't risk getting addicted :)

So, I've been playing WoW for days now - I love it! It's so fun meeting with your friends and going to dungeons and fighting with all those enemies! I love this game. Remember I said I can't risk getting addicted?Well, I did. D:

True, the low - mid level content is really epic and addictive but when you reach at later levels, say level 65 to 70, its all about gearing up for raids.. also reputation grinding.... hehe best to keep till you reach that point.