xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CyrusX

Google Chrome Installer Fails Google web browser Chrome fails to initialize the installation process

Hi,I tried to install Google Chrome web browser on my Windows XP computer and faced the following error each time:"Access to this application is restricted."Well! I do not exactly know where this comes from but I guess that it is one of Google's racist issues.As I tried from my home country Iran, some Google services like Google Code are not available due to bans that the company has put on particular advanced services.Because the installer first comes from the sub-domain code.google.com I think that the same cause also applies here.The question is if it is the case why they accept Iranian companies' ads on their website and make money?Why they allow their advertisement services to be used by Iranian companies?Why Fire Fox, Safari, and IE 8 do not have any restrictions for Iranians and Chrome does?I hate to be paranoid but sometimes I feel that people at Google want to try our patience.

Edited by CyrusX (see edit history)

i'm sure there's some sort of legalese gobbledygook in the google chrome end-user license agreement/terms of service which would have given you an idea why you experience that sort of failure in initializing the installation... particularly the part where you are from when you are trying to use their "service".

these are legal issues which can basically be summed up in saying that google is still by large a business entity operating its business from the united states, and that they are bound by legal restrictions set up by the US government. it's not like google is targetting you as an individual or as a race. it's just that international relations between governments are somewhat murky, you know, and sometimes people are caught in the middle, you included it seems in this particular instance. :) as for other browsers not having the same restrictions for iranians, would you rather that they do?

as for the issue you raised about google making money out of iranian companies through advertising, i would say that's a business quid pro quo. it's beneficial for both parties, iranian companies getting the eyeballs they require for their business, and google providing the platform where they can capture those eyeballs. of course there will be no restrictions on what kinds of products/services iranian business entities can advertise on the google ad network, as long as they are of legal nature. :(

disclaimer note: statements written above are just my own interpretation of the issue, and not approved by google. :) i could be wrong, i could be right. who can tell? google themselves. :D

for help concerning google chrome, there is an existing google group you may want to join:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Remember it's only the beta, still bunch of tweaks and bugs needed to be fixed. It's not going to be perfect. I know it works fine with mine, but my friend who also downloaded it says he has some strange problem. I've said before and I'll say again, ABOUT TIME. Google should of join the Browser war a long time before.

as an alternative, so that you can do away with the "partial" download that google provides which require pulling additional installation files, i have found a FULL, STANDALONE INSTALLER for the google chrome browser.

-- OR --

as you can see, they are google links so they're legit, but not the original miniscule 475KB they initially provide. :) it's a 7.8MB download, but of course, if you're still locked out from that, just your luck. :)

Is Google Dangerous?Google Chrome Installer Fails

The issue of banning some countries from downloading open source software is highly followed by Google Inc. And this means unlike Mozilla/Opera, Google is closely tied with US government policies, and actually FBI/CIA have a hand in Google.This means that Google will allow them view millions of private emails and data from all users around the world. The proof is that Google has never banned Iranians from its data collection systems, such as Gmail/Google search/Google documents.This is a clear sign of huge data collection by Google Inc. And it should be clear to all Google users around the world that their private data will be read and is read by those government guys inside google, whether you are A US citizen or an Iranian.It is just silly to say "I trust Google cause it says so..."