xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

Google Chrome Real Bug

Google Chrome designer bug was found merely few hours after google releasted it.
I really love google products. And while waiting for the NEW browser which will revolutionize the internet, as designer i really hoped that they will fix the stupid scrool bug by adding empty white space as holder of the scrool, so that you don't have to se your page shiver when loading from small content to content that has some scrolling to do"

I also hope that google engineers find this notice before they reach zillion of uses of their browser.

More news can be found, here

I dont know if this is the same bug but it seems sometimes you get a horizontal scroll bar for no apparent reason. A pain but should be ironed out. It could be the website but i dont think i get a H-scroll with FF.First reports are that its very good and i like it so far. It seems there is also a bug where typing in a rich text box like i am now, sometimes half a word will disappear but the space it occupies doesnt go (so it looks like you have 5 spaces or whatever) this happens more when right clicking a typo.But considering its a beta its remarkably stable and bug-free :)

There is also a bug in the importing of bookmarks as well because I didn't get all of them either other then that I hate the look just seems awkward to me and not a fan, but I do like its speed though.

Is this somekind of failure, I know that it is beta, but in just few hours people already found the bug does it too obvious?google people should have tested it and know that the scroll bar has bugs, unless the test without seeing the chrome?I have encountered a serious problems using Chrome, here are chrome several incompatibility samples1. in rendering, you see Xisto, when reply a thread, the attachments is displayed at left not right, while in FF it is rendered right, see 1.jpg2. it renders upload file control (with browse as usual) different from any other browsers, see 1.jpg3. It cannot rendered openwysiwyg which is used in my site. GOD, i need to change editor for my PHP any suggestion, see 2.jpg

Edited by innosia (see edit history)

Yes, that is unvelieble. That bugs doesnt even exists in internet explorer since many years ago.
Thats embarrasing.
Here i let you read the two advisories released on bugtraq security list as you can read how that people informed about this two very important bugs:

- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, i think that our google friends should start thinking about making chrome development more serious and stop joking with beta series. They are using mozilla engine(firefox code) and javascript virtual machine from a project hosted on google code, so i think that they can get wrong in stupid things as they are doing.
Just a llittlle reflexion about the new developers of software, WE LIVE IN AN INSECURE WORLD, JUST TRY TO NOT MAKE IT MORE INSECURE.

Regards, Seba

Someone found something again:

Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed. Restart now? While Googles Chrome team is cheering, Rishi Narang from Evil Fingers is typing and releasing a proof of concept for a denial of service vulnerability that is successfully crashing the Chrome browser with all tabs. According to Narangs advisory :
An issue exists in how chrome behaves with undefined-handlers in chrome.dll version 0.2.149.27. A crash can result without user interaction. When a user is made to visit a malicious link, which has an undefined handler followed by a special character, the chrome crashes with a Google Chrome message window Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed. Restart now?.

Source : DoS vulnerability hits Googles Chrome, crashes with all tabs

Although I know all those report are true, I really think you guys being too hard on a very young product. When it was still less than a week old, I'm sure the first IE had more issues than this.

Yes this thing is riddled with bugs and all but I don't think it's fair to call it a failure.

Someone found something again:
Source : DoS vulnerability hits Googles Chrome, crashes with all tabs

Although I know all those report are true, I really think you guys being too hard on a very young product. When it was still less than a week old, I'm sure the first IE had more issues than this.

Yes this thing is riddled with bugs and all but I don't think it's fair to call it a failure.

yes, people expectation must be very high for google, since it is well known and a big company
hopes that google fix that quickly in the beta version so noone happen to meet it.
about the compatibility issue what google handles about that? is chrome stay in iso or not?

I had problems with it on my site's content editor, and while managing my database. Whatever the issue, it is a really poor browser. Very inflexible, and extensions and themes are not readibly availible. I must say I am disappointed in this Google project.

I had problems with it on my site's content editor, and while managing my database. Whatever the issue, it is a really poor browser. Very inflexible, and extensions and themes are not readibly availible. I must say I am disappointed in this Google project.

yes that happen to me to stridr, my site content editor openwysiwyg is not compatible with chrome, may i know what content editor do you use? I am quite amazed with Xisto, they must use vbulletin right? what content editor do they user so that it does compatible with chrome?
I wonder in the stable release later, will this be fixed, i kind of know this is a big issue for web developer, they will need to change the editor in order to compatible with chrome.

A reminder to everyone who is complaining about the browser, keep in mind that it is a beta test. No product is flawless in beta, regardless of what company makes it.-reply by Jared A

Correct!

Google Chrome Real Bug

Correct! This IS a beta and I cannot wait until these issues are fixed.

It's suprising that they missed the "can't scroll up" bug.

I have released a program that will automcatically fix the issue:

See the page for it: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by PaulusDev

I have google chrome, I'm using it now infact. There is nothing wrong with my copy of Google Chrome. To be honest, Google Chrome is my new favourite browser, I love this browser man!