xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AshTheGamer

Looking For A New Digital Camera

Hello.I need some idea's on some Good Digital Camera's Around today.I need a Camera With a Good Battery Life and a Medium size screen.Also Good Quality photo's.I don't mind about anything else really.My Budget is ?300.00All Idea's, I will be most Thankfull.- Ash :)

Good quality photos is based on your experience. Sadly i dont have any photography magazines with me at the moment to cross reference on which camera have good reviews on it.Have you tried surfing around your local online retails that sell cameras?

Go to CNet's review section and utilize the digital camera finder tool. Peer reviews can't go too wrong... :) Right off the back, I personally would recommend that you go down to an electronics store and actually look, feel, touch, and test out the cameras that they have available to see if you actually like them or not. Take notes, take pictures, and keep in mind what works for you. It's the best way to do things, really, but if you can't do that, filter out your possibilities and read up extensively on your final choices. That's how I picked out my cameras... and that's how I ended up with the Olympus C-765 and my new toy, the Canon Rebel XT, two great cameras. I personally am eyeballing but unfortunately not purchasing Olympus's new line of freeze-proof, crush-proof, shock-proof cameras, and in all reality, most cameras nowadays will do what most people will call "quality photography," but it will take some actual research on your part to actually achieve results that will dazzle, unlike the amateur photography that you see on MySpace profiles or the haphazard snapshoots that tourists go on, arms outstretched, shakey-camming, peering at a dim LCD... we know who we are. :) (Problem with Olympus's "indestructible" cameras is that you will have to resort to that style of taking pictures, as they do not sport a viewfinder, if you do decide to go with that avenue.)To simplify on quality, bigger is better. The bigger your camera, the bigger the lens, the better quality of imagery the camera will be capable of. It just makes sense... a bigger lens will allow more light. You also have to take into account CCD and CMOS sensors, although with your given budget, you will have to settle with CMOS, although the average Joe like me probably won't miss the quality that a CCD could offer. Watch that megapixel factor... don't be suckered into buying a camera with more megapixels if one with less has more functionality that you can use. Form factor could be important too... if a bigger camera doesn't suit your desire to be able to stuff it into your jeans pocket, you might have to make that compromise between portability and image quality/camera functionality.Have fun with it. It's almost as much fun learning more about cameras and refining your choices as it is to finally have that box in your hands, ready to open a new approach to photography.

I use a kodak easysgare cx7330. It's smaal, light, compact, jammed full of features and takes great shots from landscapes to closeups. There is a pretty good zoom function and the design is fairly sturdy. I've taken it on holiday abroad, taken hundreds of ebay shots with it and it's always in use. It uses aaa batteries so two sets of rechargeables do nicely to keep it topped up with juice.I can actually recommend this product.