xisto Community
shadowx

What Do You Think Of This Design?

Im trying to learn design, if thats possible, and here is one that i made today, its taken maybe 5 hours to do and is based on an imaginary paintballing company. Ive only designed the home page but all other pages will follow the same template of text location, but they may not have the div on the right, instead maybe 3 images of the paintball area (if i were to do this site for real of course)Let me know what you think, its fairly bland i admit but i feel good about having a very set theme, all camouflage colours and an army font title image at the top. I couldnt use my army font for the main text as its not standard so i used another font instead. The buttons on the right are rollover images, all the ones you see are the standard images with the third button showing the rollover image and the cursor.

Thanks, it doesnt look complete yet but ill think about what it needs!

Its a good start for a beginner and lots of improvements can be done in time to come. Here is a tip : a header text must have more visibility than the background or any other support graphical elements. This apply to header logo as well. All the best :)

Ok I don't know much about paintball, but it's a game right? I think you can make the colour scheme better and more appropriate by using brighter tones of colors. You can still keep your camouflage theme, just use brighter or more intense tones to make it look livelier.Also, all elements on a web layout should complement each other. I'm not sure what's that roundish little picture you use on your navigation bars. Looks like cd-roms to me. How about you replace them with blobs of paint instead? (the ones you've used in your header image).The font on the header image is quite nice, but I think the usage of color white is not very appropriate. Maybe you can try a shade that is off-white (white, but not so white, with a tinge of yellow or beige).

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

It's a cool design, and very appropriate for the site's theme, but like everybody else said: your header and logo needs to be more visible, and just be a little more creative with the pictures. And I think bishoujo had a point when she said about changing those "CD-like icons" to paint splats...

wow this design is good, and it looks like a clothe, my not very important suggestion is that the menu design feels a little bit not match with the header, overall its so good, i dont event know how to do this design.

the layout is good very basic. but for me i don't like the colors but i guess they do make sence because the design is apperently for a paintball website. so i think it's pretty good.

Nice work :) , I'm not really that good on the artistic side of web design myself but I'm pretty good with technical side. Adding some flash banners could maybe spark it up a bit more if you wanted to. There are many free ones available on the net if you look around a little.Keep up the good work.RegardsMattyP.SLearning basic HTML code can help with some tricky situations you can sometimes get into with Design editors and it's relativly easy and quick to learn

I can see your effort. Good job there. But I think theres alot more that you can do to enhance the graphics. Like background images, a better banner, javascript for beautiful dropdown menus and functionality, and also, mind the colour combination. No offence, but do improve the really dull and uninviting colours of the site. The site looks really 'flat' and the layout can be improved by more frames.

That looks really good!The colours all work really well, and the general look of the site, is quite professional, and clean!5 hours is quite a long time to spend on a fairly simple stylesheet, but if you havent done much site design before, it gets easier as you become fluent, and then you can make stylesheets in minutes!The one thing I would say about that is: the design has lots of background images, this means, especially on slower servers, the page takes a long time to load; more than visitors want to wait!You should try to use textures where possible (repeating graphics which repeat across an entire section, for instance, a 2px x 100px downwards texture for a header)

Dear friend I think you have a good design in your collection with this one But some more polishing may make it more eye catchy don't you think so. By the way its really a cool design and I personally liked the same.?