xisto Community
anwiii

Mccain And His Running Mate

well it's official! mccain chooses a woman for his running mate and possible new vice president. she's the governor of alaska and her name is Sarah Palin.

what an interesting presidential campain this has turned out to be. woman president? black president? woman vice president?

i'm wondering though. if mccain wanted a woman, then why not choose hilary? few people know who sarah is. i'm sure that EVERYONE will know her today and in the upcoming months though.

i just tried to find out more about sarah palin by visiting her government bio page at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ that has a page rank of SIX and it's not loading. i think the server is overloaded because people DON'T know who this woman is and i am not the only one who wants to find out who the next possible vice president is.

all i really know right now about sarah palin is that she was just appointed governor of alaska 2 years ago. does this qualify her to run a country if anything happens to the president? i'm all for women in office, but think mccain just dug his grave to support someone with very little experience and someone nobody knows.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

It works and will be less biased than a government website. And regarding the elections, McCain will win, just because he's not black. However much support there seems to be for Obama, something tells me people's racial stereotypes will kick in at the last minute. But then I'm not American so I wouldn't know really :)

thanks for the link. i will check it out. as far as stating mccain will win, he's behind in the polls. also, he just chose a republican running mate. something that has never happened before. this doesn't bother me but her experience does. i am a republican by nature but will be voting democrat this election. i think mccains choice to pick a female was wise, but needed to pick someone more established like a clinton. although i am a republican, u.s. is a melting pot and i am tired of seeing all white males running this country. i'm sure if obama get elected, he will be less likely to screw up his president status by doing something unscrupulous and will be more likey to end his presidency on a positive note. making history comes with great responsibility and dedication. something a mccain will never understand. if obama screws up, he sets back the blacks 12 years and obama knows this. if mccain screws up, it wont be anything new to any white male president :) and we will keep electing the so-called best man not even knowing who the best man really is.

as a republican though, i love mccain. i'm glad he made it this far and made my decision even harder to support obama. but there is no way i will vote for someone that god forbid if anything happens to him, his female running mate becomes president. 2 years being governor doesn't prove anything to me that she is willing and able to run a country....and to be honest, mccain had several great options to chose a qualified running mate (male or female) other than a no name. too bad for him. i think he dug his grave.

WOW! i just read the article on wikipedia on sarah palin. she admited that she doesn't know what a vice president does and in not so many words said she considers alaska her first priority? she support oil drilling in national wildlife refuges? she even went so far to go against putting polar bears on the endangered species list because it would prohibit her stand on technology over nature in regards to oil drilling which would ruin natures habitat. she's against gay rights. she feels homosexual human beings don't deserve the rights as other human beings. she's also pro life! she doesn't believe a woman has a right to her own body to choose for her own self whether to have a baby or not. other than her political beliefs, i think she sounds like a go getter that can get things done and a good person in general. but she should have made a choice to continue to make a difference at a more local level. she jumped at a chance to get her name known and she has to know that she is hurting mccain's chances of becoming president. that's MY opinion.

boy oh boy. after reading all that, i say mccain really DID dig his grave. i always liked the fact that mccain wasn't an extreme republican, but there were obviously better choices for the republican party.

so mark my word, he will NOT be elected, he has damaged his ratings by insulting other republicans in his choices.

as far as rasism in this country, we u.s. citizens are not as racist as people percieve us to be but there ARE people out there that just may shoot the president if obama ever becomes elected. i wont be voting for him because i want him shot btw :P

anyway, thanks for the link. it tells alot about how mccain who thinks this woman can run the whole untited states of america including our military if anything should happen to him....

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

It works and will be less biased than a government website. And regarding the elections, McCain will win, just because he's not black. However much support there seems to be for Obama, something tells me people's racial stereotypes will kick in at the last minute. But then I'm not American so I wouldn't know really :P

In my opinion , the choice of Sarah Paim by McCain can only help him appeal more to female voters. Aside that i cant seem to understand why he would choose a first term less experienced running mate over more experienced contenders like former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty

I will agree that is has been an interesting presidential election so far and I would put it up there as the biggest election since George Washington was first elected. History will be made but whose name will be written first, Sarah Palin the first woman to become republican vice president and with McCain's age possible the first woman President. Or, Barack Obama the first African-American president who will challenge 400 years of oppression and racism that has has cast a shadow on the United States since that time.Either way I still won't be voting because I feel as though either candidate will send us into the Dark Ages regardless of the promises they make and what not.

grrrr....i hate when people make excuses not to vote. maybe you don't like either candidate, but ultimately you have to believe one is better than the other in your own belief. you don't have to vote for only those people you like. you should vote for the best person who you think wont screw things up more than the other. be a part of the system that makes this country great. there will never be a perfect president, but there is such a thing as the best man for the job between two candidates. that's why we vote and your not vote could be the deciding factor. part of my own life is determined who wins this next election so because i take great concern in my own life, i personally will be at the voting poll and being a part of history and the changes it will make it my personal life.

Either way I still won't be voting because I feel as though either candidate will send us into the Dark Ages regardless of the promises they make and what not.

I strongly agree with you. You see its either you help your country move forward by performing your civic responsibility, to effect positive change, or seat back and continue complaining.No matter how frustrated you might feel, you still have to do something, i think the Obama/Biden team will bring about lots of changes, because so far, in all the speeches, they are really sounding different. Unlike the McCain team which is looking rather like a George Bush policy clone.And how do you explain, the fact that McCain is picking a less experienced running-mate.

i'm wondering though. if mccain wanted a woman, then why not choose hilary?

I do believe that the fact that Hilary is a Democrat and McCain is running on the Republican ticket answers that question. :)

I too am very frustrated with our choices this election. So much so, that I might consider moving to Canada. I am truely afraid that if Obama doesn't win there will be riots; based on the claim of racial prejudice. I am also concerned that some radical skinhead will try to assassinate him if he should win. Then there is the military background of McCain that concerns me. He almost sounds like a war-monger, at times. The war in Iraq is taking too much toll in American lives. I wish I knew what to do about it, but don't have the expertice in that field to suggest anything.

:) Who is running on the independent ticket?

I am not racist or sexist. I don't care what race or gender a candidate is. I don't think people should just vote Obama because he's black, though. That would be like eating diamonds because they are shiny (poor analogy, I know). If you like Obama because he has beliefs in sync with yours, go vote a Democrat ticket! If you just think, "we need a black president sometime...," think about your priorities.I believe that McCain was very smart in having a woman as a running mate. As I said, I don't care what gender a candidate is, but many people do. People that supported Clinton simply based on gender will suddenly vote for McCain and Palin. Well played, McCain. And Palin is actually good for the Republicans. She is rather conservative (filling part of the gap in ultra-conservative voters) and is very well-spoken (for those on the edge already being swayed by Obama's rallying cry). While Alaska doesn't seem to be very influential in politics (it is rather small in voting influence), we mostly hear good things about her as a governor.Vote based on what you believe will bring America forward, NOT on what demographic area you are from. Vote based on what will help the country as a whole. Vote for somebody with reasonable expectations. Affirmative action does not work in elections (nor in anything else in this day and age, but that's another topic).

grrrr....i hate when people make excuses not to vote. maybe you don't like either candidate, but ultimately you have to believe one is better than the other in your own belief. you don't have to vote for only those people you like. you should vote for the best person who you think wont screw things up more than the other. be a part of the system that makes this country great. there will never be a perfect president, but there is such a thing as the best man for the job between two candidates. that's why we vote and your not vote could be the deciding factor. part of my own life is determined who wins this next election so because i take great concern in my own life, i personally will be at the voting poll and being a part of history and the changes it will make it my personal life.

I strongly agree with you. You see its either you help your country move forward by performing your civic responsibility, to effect positive change, or seat back and continue complaining.
No matter how frustrated you might feel, you still have to do something, i think the Obama/Biden team will bring about lots of changes, because so far, in all the speeches, they are really sounding different. Unlike the McCain team which is looking rather like a George Bush policy clone.
And how do you explain, the fact that McCain is picking a less experienced running-mate.

The reason I don't vote because these promises politicians make never happen, all these cover ups, taxes, lies, scandals, bribery, various criminal activities and political read tape. Bush has pretty much ruin the US government and the US in general to blunt I have no faith in the US government period. To me only three presidents in the US have run this country properly Washington, Lincoln and FDR everyone else was either half-assed or only did things when the opportunity presented itself. With bush he has done nothing right and the only thing he did right was hook up his friends with money and looked the other way as the crooks in the senate and the house do what they need to do to make the poor people poorer and the rich people richer.

The government did nothing while the Oil went on its way to $147 a barrel and only then did the mention that they would look into this problem and our country is in so much debt that the world would have to give the government $1500 to pay off that debt and for every US citizen to pay it off they would need to give about $26,000. Of course that is the rich they never help unless it makes them look good, and in my opinion the rich should be more like Bill Gates who donates most of his wealth to help the people in need, while the government spends our taxes on bulletproof vehicles and their gas.

Like I said I will never vote go government leaders because they are the most corrupted group in the social order.

I personally think a great many evils in politics are driven by a willful disinterest in government, particularly with something as basic as exercising the right to vote. I also don't think that it was an accident that there were so many messages in 2004 equating Kerry with Bush that encouraged more "independent" minded people not to vote.That said, it's sad to see so many mentally lazy people expect that good candidates will magically melt away their doubts and convince them that they're the ones for the tough job ahead. Maybe it's a natural trend, given that we as a society demand pills to make us thin, cheap gas for our huge cars, and improved roads and infrastructure without increased taxes.

Interesting to see how that goes. I personally dont think McCain has a chance, but a good step otherwise in the unlikely event of him getting power. Considering the number of females in politics in the western world nations those days.