xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zipple

Does College Really Count?

You know I spent 14,000 RMB a year to go to a school to get a degree so I could get a high paying job in the technology field...fast forward 5 years, I want to find a job before I graduated. :icon_roll. WHy? Because I know every inteview I go on they say they are looking for someone with expierience in future!!! WTH Education is unaffordable, but they tell you not to knock it. Then they hand you a massive bill say sign your name and good luck with the future. Next thing you know you've wasted five years of your life learning stuff that employers are asking for you to have had a job doing for at least three. Does it make sense to anyone else? :icon_sad:I think it is not only in my country.... :rolleyes:

You know I spent 14,000 RMB a year to go to a school to get a degree so I could get a high paying job in the technology field...fast forward 5 years, I want to find a job before I graduated. :icon_roll. WHy? Because I know every inteview I go on they say they are looking for someone with expierience in future!!! WTH Education is unaffordable, but they tell you not to knock it. Then they hand you a massive bill say sign your name and good luck with the future. Next thing you know you've wasted five years of your life learning stuff that employers are asking for you to have had a job doing for at least three. Does it make sense to anyone else? :icon_sad:I think it is not only in my country.... :)

41834[/snapback]

You're right on that. It's not only your country, in mine it's same situation. Im at my university studying for last 3 years, and, I got still 1,5 year untill graduate. My oneyear bill for university equals to 1100$. And average paycheck in Croatia is 500$, and that's one of the higher paychecks.

Anyway - Im working as student employee in some little design studio, so I can pay my colledge bills, and life expenses. :)

But what a hell. Im healthy. That's good. Anyway, If some of you want's to help, <- snipped -> at my Webpage.

Also be good, go to school, and study, so you can get high payed jobs. :rolleyes:}}}}}}

College will definately help "round you out" that is it will educate you about a wide range of topics so that if you wish to pursue a related field you will already have a base to start from. I'm currently attending college and have found that from taking a variety of classes I have realized that they are very much interrelated. I found that many of the skills I learned in one class could be directed applied in another. So I guess any skill you learn can prove invaluble if applied at the right time and to the right situation.

You're right on that. It's not only your country, in mine it's same situation. Im at my university studying for last 3 years, and, I got still 1,5 year untill graduate. My oneyear bill for university equals to 1100$. And average paycheck in Croatia is 500$, and that's one of the higher paychecks. Anyway - Im working as student employee in some little design studio, so I can pay my colledge bills, and life expenses.
But what a hell. Im healthy. That's good. Anyway, If some of you want's to help, <- snipped -> at my Webpage.
Also be good, go to school, and study, so you can get high payed jobs.

maybe there is the problem about my internet.I cant connect with your website.
but thank you at all.I make an effort for my course.

College will definately help "round you out" that is it will educate you about a wide range of topics so that if you wish to pursue a related field you will already have a base to start from. I'm currently attending college and have found that from taking a variety of classes I have realized that they are very much interrelated. I found that many of the skills I learned in one class could be directed applied in another. So I guess any skill you learn can prove invaluble if applied at the right time and to the right situation

Im gree with you.the skill you have is very important.I ve seen the plan that the courses ll be learned.C/C++/Javasoftware enginearing.it is important to me to study them well,than Im able to get a not bad job future.
wish me good luck....}}}}}}

One thing that I've found is that my degree (BA in Psychology) got my foot in the door so I could get the job/experience. The places that I've worked expected a degree or they wouldn't even consider me. However, most of what I've learned in Psychology was out of the classroom. I don't think that my education really benefited me that much on a practical level. Also, It has been 15 years and I'm still payng on my student loan :rolleyes: (paid for college on my own). Another thing I've found is that in order to make any money in psychology you have to get at least a bachelor's degree. Something they didn't tell me until I graduated and started working. I'm not in this field of work anymore but I draw from my education/experience and apply it to everyday situations and relationships...so on that level it has greatly enhanced my life. :) . As you can probably tell I'm not super-gungho on formal education...I think it prepares you for a job and keeps you under someone else's thumb, allowing that someone to determine your future. Being an entrepreneur opens up worlds of possibilities and challenges you to break free from society's boxes. Ok, I'll step down from my soapbox now. :) Freeing the mind,Albert Einstein

maybe there is the problem about my internet.I cant connect with your website.

but thank you at all.I make an effort for my course.

41967[/snapback]

Probably some lag from dotTK domainserver, try finaldesign.trap17.com

And thanks! :rolleyes:

Title is everything these days. Quite simply, if you're competing with an individual for a particular position with a company, if they've got that Bachelorette or Master's and all you've got is a high school diploma, it won't take much figuring to determine who gets the nod. I believe that college is a worthwhile extension of educational pursuit, yes, but it's not what everyone makes it out to be. It doesn't matter if you go to the Ivy League-prototype Harvard/Yale/Princeton or a community college, your education is what you make it out to be. If you take your studies seriously, there will be inevitable benefits in the longrun, but if you just brush off college as a time to party and jerk around, you're not going to be a happy camper when the end of the first semester rolls around. So, ultimately, yes. College does count, in my opinion. However, we shouldn't treat college as a mere transition to the work world. Rather, we ought to recognize that it is a learning experience, one that is capable of teaching us about ourselves and the world around us. It is under by following this path that college will count the most.

Title is everything these days. Quite simply, if you're competing with an individual for a particular position with a company, if they've got that Bachelorette or Master's and all you've got is a high school diploma, it won't take much figuring to determine who gets the nod. I believe that college is a worthwhile extension of educational pursuit, yes, but it's not what everyone makes it out to be. It doesn't matter if you go to the Ivy League-prototype Harvard/Yale/Princeton or a community college, your education is what you make it out to be. If you take your studies seriously, there will be inevitable benefits in the longrun, but if you just brush off college as a time to party and jerk around, you're not going to be a happy camper when the end of the first semester rolls around.

So, ultimately, yes. College does count, in my opinion. However, we shouldn't treat college as a mere transition to the work world. Rather, we ought to recognize that it is a learning experience, one that is capable of teaching us about ourselves and the world around us. It is under by following this path that college will count the most.

41997[/snapback]

I have finished a exam for C program just now...

haha. I think I took a little mistakes for it.

it doesnt matter..tomorrow,I have another exam...I hope I can "win the match" :rolleyes: