xisto Community
CyrusX

Manual Joomla Installation Failes Joomla Installation help for manual installers on Qupis servers

Hi,

Recenrly I decided to install Joomla! 1.5.x manually on my website. The website is hosted in Qupis and there is no way for an automatic installation of CMS software like Joomla!. I Unzipped the folder, uploaded it to my root and then proceeded with the main installation procedure.

I had all the directories, sub-directories, and files in my root. Then I created the database needed to run Joomla!.

But the installation page cannot be loaded. There is an error like this every time I try to access index.php to start installing Joomla! 1.5.x:

Warning: require_once(/home/toumajx/public_html/includes/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toumajx/public_html/index.php on line 21Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/toumajx/public_html/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php;/usr/local/lib/php&%2339;) in /home/toumajx/public_html/index.php on line 21

I can appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Does the file includes/defines.php actually exist? Did it get uploaded? Sometimes FTP software fails to upload a file or two, and it can be worth checking that every folder has the right files in it.If it does exist, what are the permissions on that file? Make sure that PHP has read access to the file, otherwise it can report that it doesn't exist.

I have faced the same problem too. Seems like the only way is to install it via cPanel's Fantastico Intstaller. I have tried installing it multiple times at Trap 17 and I get the same problem.

Well I check the forums out and from the looks of it this problem is because of the zip file itself maybe and so people recommended downloading 7zip and downloading this version of the joomla software.

Ok I did a manual installation of joomla and this is what you do, the actual tar file into your account and then extract it there and then go through the installation process making sure your configuration file is writable and you set up the database needed to get joomla going and you shouldn't have any problems.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Thanks all for their care and their active manner,

As one of our dear friends described above, the problem was in in-completeness of uploaded files to the destination directories.

But now I have another problem, which may be considered as a suggestion for Qupis administrators to provide access to Fantastico for a better installation quality.

The problem is when I started to install sample data on the step 6 (configuraion) of the Joomla 1.5.x software, it failed due to the following error:

Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid

Solutions I tried include:

1- Checked the home directory to see if it have the correct permissions, I try to install Joomla in root directory, and now public_html has 755 permission.

2- Retried and failed. So, I uploaded a blank PHP file by the name of: configuration.php to the root, set the permissions to 755, 644, 777 and tried each time. Again failed.

3- I deleted the configuration.php file from the root and manipulated the file: configuration.PHP-DIST in the root and filled the empty spaces with the following data: My site name, mysql username, password, and database name. Then I tried again with every set of permissions you can imagine and failed.

Unfortunately there are no reasonable amount of help accessible for this problem even on official Joomla forums located at their website.

I tried to search the problem in Google. All I got were those solutions that you kindly read above.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,

CyrusX

Well, when I did the installation I didn't touch the configuration file and so I ran it through and I got the installation correctly, and so I would do a fresh installation but don't touch the configuration file and when it comes to step in the installation process copy and paste that selected text into the configuration file. I wasn't really paying attention to where you needed to put the text in since I wanted to make sure there was a way to install it successfully.

Well, when I did the installation I didn't touch the configuration file and so I ran it through and I got the installation correctly, and so I would do a fresh installation but don't touch the configuration file and when it comes to step in the installation process copy and paste that selected text into the configuration file. I wasn't really paying attention to where you needed to put the text in since I wanted to make sure there was a way to install it successfully.

Dear friend,

Thank you for your care.

I said as the last chance to bring the website back to life with some CMS software I decided to modify the configuration.php. But the modification can easily be undone, either by a clean installation (including deletion of database) or by simply uploading the original configuration.PHP-DIST file to the root and delete the old version.

But the problem is still there.

Thank you again.

CyrusX
Edited by CyrusX (see edit history)

Like I mention in the shoutbox it could be the qay the qupis account is set up and its giving you problems trying to install joomla onto your account and so what I suggest is move your stuff here on trap by getting hosted and should be able to get joomla working here instead of trying to figure it out on quipis.