xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

What Does This Dream Mean?

Okay so last night I had a dream about me and my best friend.It was about 1942.We were in Europe, and the holocaust was happening.My best friend's name is Jacob, and he is deaf. He was deaf in the dream.So anyway at the start of the dream, which was extremely vivid, we were sitting in this room. Jacob asked me to dance with him, and so I did. We heard a boom up the street, and we went outside to see what was up. We saw Nazis, and so we ran and hid. We were holding on to eachother for a while in this other room, and then they were closing in on is so we ran still holding eachother. Then this Nazi came up and ripped him out of my arms. He was scarred and yelling. I ran after him screaming and crying, until another Nazi campe up and held me back. I found out later in the dream that Jacob was deported to a death camp. I was crying and walking down the street when I ran into one of my friends. So I went and held onto her and started crying, and appearently I was crying in my sleep because I had dried tears all over my cheeks and stains on my pillow (when I woke up of course). Anyway so then alot of my friends started joining the resistance and stuff and a few of my friends who were Jewish in the dream (but not in real life) turned themselves in.If it makes a difference, I'm Polish but I have no idea what country we were in, Nazi flags where everywhere.What does this mean?

Edited by Mermaid711 (see edit history)

Well i dont think the meaning is anything to do with nazis or nazi occupation etc.. i just think that because you live in poland you are obviously educated well about the nazi era and it is more prevalent in your society. Instead i think the meaning related to how you and jacob were, you were holding each other, and the same happened when you met your other friend, you just held on tightly. And i think this is the meaning of the dream. You are perhaps scared of loosing your friends or someone/something very close to you? And the nazis simply represent a bad force, influence or person that is the reason you are loosing them, and as i said, that force takes the form of nazis as they are probably well ingrained into your mind anyway, so it is logical. Joining the resistance could well relate to what you want to do about it, you want to fight back and not alone. Are you perhaps loosing touch with jacob or another friend? Perhaps due to that persons parents or partner? If so i think it is them that jacob in the dream refers to.It could also have something to do with jacob being deaf, perhaps you feel you have lost "touch" through his deafness and the nazis are deafness, slowly taking jacob away from you?These are just my ideas, im no expert and dream interpretation really requires that you know more about the person such as how the feel emotionally and any significant events in their life.

Well here is the kicker, Mermaid lives in the US and if I am correct her last name is Polish and most likely had relatives related to the events of World War II. Of course, there are so many more connections how this could be possible as well.

Ecclesiastes 5:3—disregard the second part of the verse. Though much worries is not always the case concerning dreams, dreams have been known to come with many worries. So perhaps you should be asking yourself what you have been thinking about the most recently. Doesn't matter if it was thought up yesterday or the day before or further back, even if it may seem like it doesn't add up—for dreams need not be entirely relative to what you were previously thinking about. I would make as far as 5 days back the limit. If nothing comes up, either way your guess is as good as mine.

what was interesting to me was the fact that you have a deaf friend who wasn't deaf in your dream. personally, if i were to guess, your dream represents some form of connection issues to your friend.also, i wouldn't really call what you had a dream, but a nightmare and as truefusion pointed out, most nightmares are stress related usually directly related to insecurities.lastly mermaid, dreams or nightmares come from our own thoughts. alot of times, our subconscious thoughts. don't rely on others to describe who you are or what your thoughts are. my advice if you want to find the true nature to your disturbing dream is to think long and hard about it where there are no disruptions around you and come to your own conclusions. i wouldn't advise doing this when your in bed alone and about to go to sleep at night though unless you want a reoccuring nightmare.lastly, sometimes influencing a reoccuring dream or nightmare can be beneficial. we can learn from ourselves through our dreams and just like real life, we have choices even inside our dreams. with our choices, we can change the outcome of our dreams by facing the fears and insecurities we have. also, sometimes when we can have a reoccuring dream, we have the opportunity to see things the second or third time inside the dream that may have gone unnoticed the first time which might enable you to find the answers to your question.btw- the other thing that interested me was when you said you both were holding on to eachother. this was YOUR dream so i have to assume it was you who was holding on to HIM. being very protective of your friend. it wasn't you that was snatched up. now this tells me you knew the outcome of your dream before the actual outcome happened. nobody controlled this dream but you and only you know your relationship to your friend and fear if you ever lose your friend.also, google dreams and you may find some typical definitions of specific dreams but again, i wouldn't rely on any answers that don't come from your own self.

Well the most common interpretation of mermaids dream is loss and her friend being taken away in the most horrific of times makes that loss even more. Of course, that's the thing with dreams and I can relate to this, but sometimes you have to relieve that dream in order to find out a solution to stop the dream altogether. Of course I talk to mermaid offline about the dream and nothing in the real world would trigger such a dream, like here friend moving or their relationship ending and what not. Just like in the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, you have to take control of your dreams and be able to change the outcome of that dream.

like here friend moving or their relationship ending and what not.

i woulda have thought it was more like a protective dream which would explain mermaids nature and possibly including her own insecurities not being able to protect in every situation.

dream interpretations is like horoscopes that people believe in. there is nothing set to explain in general. why mermaid needs to interpret her own dream.

in my own belief i think dreams can include what may take place in the future. somewhat a psychic or intutive experience.

i personally used to have some dangerous nightmares. alot of them were reoccuring and over time i learned to make different choices in my dreams to control them more until my reoccuring dreams were safer for me to live through.

OH! i also believe dreams can contain past life experiences as well but when mermaid explains her dream, one obvious thing to me is her own insecurities and fears so she is going to have to ask her own self where her insecurities and fears lie. may not even relate to her friend.

just because we dream about things, everything in that dream may not be directly related to what we want to understand about that dream

or it could simply mean mermaid is watching too much history channel :P get off the couch, lady! :) j/k

haha no doubt! i used to sleep with the t.v. on every night. in fact, if the t.v. wasn't on or i couldn't go to sleep watching t.v., i would have a hard time going to sleep. what i noticed many times in the past was that i would have nightmares based on what was on the t.v. at the time either before i went to sleep or while i was sleeping. i had some trippy dreams that i know was directly related to the t.v. being on. good call! haha

or it could simply mean mermaid is watching too much history channel :P get off the couch, lady! :) j/k

seems dumb but..What Does This Dream Mean?ive liked this guy for 4 years now but I could never tell him because things always kept us apart and in the first place I thought he thought he was, well, better then me I guess. Well I have low self esteem sometimes so I thought he wouldnt even be interested in me. But I recently broke up with a guy who basically was the reason the other guy and I couldnt date. Last night I had a dream that he was holding onto me and we were at disney land. (he's hopefully going to go with me this weekend) I was really happy in my dream and I could feel it in my heart; I had a teacher that always told me dreams are almost like the future, they help make the future. There's a book I read at borders and even the littlest things mean something, because he was holding me in the dream tell something? and to add alittle bit more background information, he doesnt know I like him. The happy feeling stayed with me for hours even after I woke up. I really hope dreams tell the future, because if they do I'll be a happy camper on saturday! haha.

what does it mean to fight a lady in my dream? What Does This Dream Mean?

I am usually a quiet person I don't like the whole violent thing. Well I was sitting down waiting for my food to be served to me I was writing a poem and some lady came up to me and poured water on me and my paper I got mad I was pregnant in my dream but I got up picked her up by her shirt and flung her across the street. Then I guess she didn't learn her lesson cause she came back for more so I stood up again but this time I punched, kicked, scratched, and pulled her hair I basically scared her my friends and husband had to pull me off of her they told me to stop or I would be kicked out. And not be allowed back.

I told them well kick her out because she's the one who started you know me I am not a fighter but a lover. So they kicked her off the premisis so basically I won that fight but I am still confused why would I be dreaming of fighting and winning the fight if I am a peaceful person 

-reply by zuliemith lahr

I had a dream that I ran into my x-step-sisters, all 3 of them and we got to talking about my x-boyfriend and they mention the girls name that he is seeing.  I've never heard of this person, but yet I have this name.  The name is Tonya Villarreal.  I hardly ever remember my dreams, but yet I remember everything about this dream and I woke up with this name in my head.  What does this mean? 

-reply by LISA

help me figure out what this dream means,pleaseee.What Does This Dream Mean?I had this nightmare you could say a long time ago when I was little and I still remember it. I was at this house that was supposedly mine and it was a little different. I went outside and got on to this truck full of grown-ups, including my dad. Well I tried getting on but I fell when the truck went a forward. My dad and my aunt and mom came to pick me up and we went in the house. I was in the kitchen and it was a very tight space. I looked up and the cabinets, which were a row of 2 before, are now about 5. They started moving and shaking, opening and closing.And these faces started coming up and they were dead people and ghosts. I pointed at it and screamed but nothing came out. Then this particular face came out and with hands grabbed me and I guess my whole family also. The place it took us to was horrifying. It was like a death chamber.People were being tortured and killed with these weird machines [[like the "saw" movies, but this was YEARS before I even heard about saw]]. Well later on my family started being tortured one, by one, by one. They were separated in stations and this lady was showing me them. I wanted to help but couldn't. And after she showed me the last person, my sister, she told me I was next. I screamed and told myself to wake up. Because I knew I was having a dream and I tried so hard to wake up. The only way I woke up was by looking at something peached color, the same color of my pillow. Please, tell me what this dream is about. Its been so long and I just want to know what it all means. [[and no I didn't see a scary movie the night before]] thank u.-question by n01special

What does it mean when someone dieWhat Does This Dream Mean?I would like you to help me figure out this dream.Last night I had a dream. My Boyfriends mother was on TV (SKYNews). She was with her daughter (Jodie 3) They was saying she was a cook (which she is not) and she had some sort of illness, but I couldn't really work it out. Next thing my boyfriend rang me saying she had died. Nobody believed it. They thought she was alive, and then dead & then alive. It was really confusing. I was texting her phone but they was no reply, Her son (My boyfriend) was on her facebook writing his memories on her facebook and saying she had died. Then it finished. I'm 16 & I believe in angels and the other stuff. I am just really confused at what it might be, is my dream telling me that someone close is going to die? I am confused! PLEASEE HELP!!Thankyou, Jess x-reply by Jess