xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onscreen

Mmorpg Group Plays 18 Hour Straight A group of dedicated players tried to bring down a boss in an MMORPG..

A group of dedicated players tried to bring down a boss in an MMORPG Final Fantasy XI's Pandemonium Warden but failed.

Source : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This would be an interesting read but its too short. For many years in MMORPG, i would say FFXI really made a genuine record for longest gameplay.

Yep I saw this article, the video and a live journal post and some battle plans on this beating this beast. I have to say though you would need hundreds of people to attack this beast all at once and would have to be at elite as the group who went after this beast as well. Of course, they were surprise that this made huge news and most likely that Square-Enix will do something to make them beast quicker to beat instead of taking a few days of going at it for just one beast.

Haha, dont think SquareEnix will make changes on the boss seeing that its a trend for them to have hard to kill mobs since level 1. A few friend of mine were there watching the fight but didnt get to join in since she knew the fight will take very long to accomplish.Overall, this news shock me abit as the players know WHEN to quit the fight :)

Overall, this news shock me abit as the players know WHEN to quit the fight :P

Agreed, I expected that they would have gone until they fell asleep / ran out of coffee / etc.

I wonder if there's bosses that are a thousand times more difficult :) Maybe we'll get headlines like 'MMORPG Group Dies after 70 hours of gameplay (they got the boss down to 98% health)'

LOL Nabb, you are evil :)So far as per player experience, the Pandemonium Warden is the hardest boss in FFXI. It have more than 20 outfit and it transform on every few percent of HP dropped. The second hardest one took a good 5 hours of gameplay just to take it down along with its minions.Also, in the original source, one of the raid member do state that if they didnt stop, most likely the news headline will be "MMORPG Group Dies after 70 hours of battling a boss mob in FFXI but failed" :P

I was pretty sure they did make the boss a bit easier. I'm glad they actually stopped though. Last thing young gamers need is another mob of mothers saying video games are evil.

Lol, those people have no lives. Or they tried to kill the boss and thought, it will die any minute. An hour later, IT WILL DIE ANY MINUTE~!! What if after they quit, the boss gets killed by some noobs because the boss has really low HP?