xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Help! Mk1 Conversion To Kar Format midi karaoke

i stumbled upon my old stash of KAR format music (900+) and since it's raining much these days, i think it would be safe for me to be belting out and exercising my vocal chords (the heavy rain drowns my singing voice, so no worries from neighbors :P).

and to update my music collection with the more recent tunes, i have come to download MK1 files. sure, no problem, i can play them on my PC. but i began transferring my old KAR files to my mobile phone too, and MK1 is not supported by my mobile application to play karaoke music. what i want is to convert MK1 files to KAR format, but i'm stuck at the moment since i can't seem to find a suitable conversion tool (and to think i thought i was an efficient google searcher).

i can take comfort that there might be a KAR equivalent already, floating around the internet, of the tunes i already have in MK1. but if i can easily convert MK1 to KAR, so much the better for some files which i'm sure no KAR equivalent is available yet. it's not so easily done, as with some karaoke midis, which you simply just have to rename to KAR, and that would be it. MK1 to KAR conversion doesn't seem to work as easy as that.

any ideas, guys? i'm putting this up for forum members to tackle, and help me find a conversion tool appropriate for the job. :) hope you can help me. it's not often i ask help in the forums hehehe? but i'm in a bind here, so please.... HELP!!! I NEED SOMEBODY, HELP!!! NOT JUST ANYBODY! HELP!!! YOU KNOW I NEED SOMEONE!!! HELP!!! :P (oh, that's just me singing the beatles song :P)

Your google powers are more lesser then mine :), anyway I think yahoo answers has the answer unless you saw that site already.

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/

and for even quicker reference here is the software.

Software 1

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

thanks for trying, SM. :) but sadly it wasn't what i need. i already have GoSING in my apps collection, which is what i use to play the MK1 files i have at the moment. MK1 if i'm not mistaken is proprietary to GoSing (their site is the only place where i download the MK1 files i have) so it's the only one you can use to play MK1 files. what i need however is a conversion tool from MK1 to KAR, which GoSing doesn't provide at the moment. the KAR is more versatile than the MK1, since i can play my KAR files on my mobile phone (which is the whole point in my need for conversion... to have a portable karaoke system right on my mobile phone) :D GoSing is exclusively for desktop use, and i hope someone could create a mobile application to play their MK1 files on a mobile phone. :) just wishful thinking, until i get an MK1-->KAR converter.