xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Pdfs On Mobile Phones

You can install a pdf viewer java application on any java enabled phone via IRDA or bluetooth or SD card or Data cable. You can find lots of java programs at getjar.com.

In my old Siemens CX65, I installed PDF Viewer j2me(java) application and I can read pdf formats.

Nokia xpress music can read pdf files. My friend just got it and I had a look at it.

Most Nokia phones should have that. If you wish to have a phone that is compatible with a wide range of software, I reccommend Symbian, but the down side is the possible lag. Majority of Nokia's Symbian phones are PDF capable.

Eventhough most of the Nokia phones doesn't have inbuilt viewers for pdffiles, most of the them like Symbian Series 60 phones(e.g, Nokia 3230) have 3rd party applications like Adobe pdf reader for SymbianOS and Pdf+ etc...You can read pdf files on these mobiles if you install any of these 3rd partyapplications.

there are lots of mobiles which can open pdfs

Pdfs On Mobile Phones

All windows smartphones can open pdf documents as they can be installed with adobe.

Symbian s60 2nd & 3rd edition phones also support pdf. I myself have a nokia 6681 and a htc tiuch. I have been reading pdf docs on these handsets.

Difficulty is the screen size is smaller & hence you have to keep on navigating

-reply by shddgfgc

If u wanted to know what are the phones that can read PDFs out of the box , they are very few phones. Whereas if u want to know what are the phones CAPABLE of reading PDFs, almost any JAVA enabled colour display phones can read PDFs with lots of third party J2ME applications available. But reading PDFs even on a very high end PDA phones is a big pain because of the small screen.

I'm curious as to why you would *want* to read pdf files on a phone. Most PDF's have a lot of text, and cell phones have very small screens.I just couldn't really justify why I would strain my eyes to read small text when I could just pull out a laptop or PC and read faster. Even if you had to wait until you were home or whatever to do that, it'd still be better on your eyes, as well as faster, to just put it off until you could use a bigger screen.

Yeah, you can read PDF's on your phone, especially if you have a Symbian based one. There also exist many other J2me 3rd party apps that you can get and read pdf files easily on your phone. I needed one once and even though I can't remember it's name, I can remember it wasn't free it was a trial app, but that didn't matter 'cause I needed it just for once and not for long. :)

Remember, Google is your friend :)

Although Nokia makes only CRAP .. You can go for any phone with Symbian or Windows Mobile. It will have an option to add an Adobe Lite Edition.btw.. Java Versions of the Adobe reader softwares are not that friendly. They tend to get stuck (run out of memory or something ) if the file size it big like 8-9 MB.. LE doesn't