xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shotgun

Nod32 Vs Kaspersky Give your oppinion

I think that this is a typical question, and the answear will depend of the kind of user that you are. I agree that Kaspersky is maybe the best Antivirus on finding virus and protecting your PC, but the cost is to high, it uses to much resources. By the other side, you've got NOD32, which is the one I personaly use, and I can asure you that is not THAT good as kaspersky in finding viruses, but will be the best choice if you are an experienced user, and you're not a person that opens files with out discriminating which file can be dangerous for you. It's true that here we are talking about top noch Antivirus software, but as they are two diferent programms, there are diference between them. So after all I've said, is your choice now what to decide, if you want to waste more resources for a safe computer, or we well protected, with a concious mind? I hope this was useful, Greetings.

An Antivirus basically depends on the type of system you are running. If its a desktop , and with limited internet connectivity, I'd say go for NOD32 but if its on an unsafe internet connection , Kaspersky would be a better choice. Similarly , If its a laptop, with slightly lower configuration , NOD32 along with a good firewall would solve the purpose. But if it has a good configuration, Kaspersky should be the choice. I'll say you should also try ZoneAlarm Security Suite. The Antivirus is not that good but its better than the NOD32. But then , it all depends on the purpose and the amount of money you are ready to spend. Norton and McAfee are the worst antivrus i've ever seen. Hogs up memory and they dont perform any cleanups. Just deletes the stuff right away.

I've used Norton, my computer crashed. I've used McAfee, my computer crashed.I've used Zone Alarm & had no problems.

I have used the Nod32 and was happy with the software. First I had used Norton and a day came when my computer crashed for browsing through the web pages. I am not much aware about goods and bads online. So, I just get going through each and every pop-ups and finally my Desktop crashed. I don't have an advance system and so I had shifted from one free ware to another and once purchased the Nod 32. Now again I am back to free antivirus, avast. I am not sure how they are protecting my computer. But I am quite choosy visiting websites.

I am a nod32 diehard fan. There can be no second opinion for me because with nod32 I detected more virus and spywares than any programme in this world. Kaspersky maybe good but I have very little to say about it. The reason why I believe nod32 is good for me is its lightweight engine. Since we are not talking about Norton, I would not like to emphasise the worst product in the category - Norton. Nod32 has other advantages as well, which nowadays other anti-virus do provide without problems. As our survey already suggested that nod32 is much more powerful and is fully compatible with latest Windows operating systems. Other anti-virus are far behind in their compatibility and usability in the new Windows operating systems. However you need to have a lot of configurations done before you can fully utilise nod32. A no-no for novice.

If I need to choose, I will go only with NOD32 as it's one of the best antivirus I saw, it's light and very very powerful, you just need to know how to use it, even though on default it works great too. Some other antivirus software I used slowed down my computer or was quite annoying. :(

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)