xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
natalia.shvan

Bob.com Sold For 1million Us$

Hello to all,

Please don't mind my english.. :P

I always talk about 3 letter and 3 character domains and thats the case about everybody likes it..

You know some guy registered in 1994 [i cannot see his name and address because he has whois protected.. ] and recently in may i think he sold it in the ebay...

Some ebay user named artillary129 bought it for 1,000,000 US dollars [1 Million US dollars] and you think i'm joking .... naah see it i pasted the link here, go check it now.. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Cannot believe your eyes? :) but its true, the guy who actually registered it for 10 US dollars a year had sold it for 1,000,000 US dollars..

That's now everyone interested about 3 letter or even 3 character domains..

Just think what would be the price of a 3 letter .org or 3 character domain name at the end of 2025 ??? 1000 dollars? 10,000 dollars naah it would be 1million dollars for sure if it good one like xyz.org or htv.org .....

so even if you have 3 letter .us or any extension don't sell it in a hurry, just wait for the correct time.. wait for the actual price to come up... And remeber while regestering a domain it should be meaningful or its just waste of money and time, the letter shoul d be reasonable and attractive unlike if you register qrp.us. lol this is waste, no one buys it... :P

P.S if i was 18years in 1990, i would registered some thousands of sweet domain names :P lolol...

Can't agree more! If I had money I was going to invest it in domain names. Recently I heard of a guy who sold pizza.com for a ridiculous amount of money. I think when you invest in domain names you just have to find the ones most likely to be liked by many. Try to be very unique and you'll never sell the domain.

The more better one is sex.com was sold for something over 20M dollars. Isn't that interesting. You invest in the beginnings of internet let say year 94 for 20 buck and then 14 years later you have exchange 140 bucks for few millions. People are getting rich on easy way every day. And I am always late in it :) hopefully not for long :P

You know, reading that made me think of something. I was always wondering why people would pay so much for smaller domains, such as the 3 letter ones.It never really occured to me that they probably like them because they can use them for URL redirection...I just really don't see any other possible reason as to why people are so obsessed with such small domains.I mean, if you look at it, going for, let's say "wmt" instead of "walmart" would not make any sense, yet for some reason people would much rather have the smaller one.Maybe someone that is here can enlighten me as to if I am missing something or if that is why these are worth so much.Also kind of annoys me that people make so much money off a real simple idea. Registering a lot of 3 letter domains? I never would have dreamed that they would be worth money in the future. There are people who try to register domains for other things as well for the sole purpose of selling. Most of them are like people who speculate game companie's next websites, such as "http://www.psxextreme.com/; or whatever.

wow that guy must be very very happy he made such a huge amount of money!I guess you just gotta buy them fast and be pick domains that people would love to buy and maybe you or me could make that much money!

i agree buying a good short domain name and leaving it and then trying to sell it will get you plenty of money. the only problem is that quite a lot of them have already been taken up but still buy a "meaningful" three letter domain name and leave it for like 10 - 20 years and you could be rich. the problem is that you don't know if someone will want to buy it. what you should do is use the domain name and then later sell it so the money can't be a waste even if no one bids high for it.

Whooaa! Thats crazy!Ican't even begin to imagine how much the same Domain will go for in twenty years time... CRIKEY! :)

I think the prices of domains will fall , as there is a service in which you can choose your own extension eg. gamma.gam , so there is always a name available nowadays :)