xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
natalia.shvan

Domain Problem : This Is Important..

Hello all,

This is important post, so please reply to it, i need the solution ans please don't mind my english.

Afternic don't care about their own rules :)

As some of you has already read in the afternic area, My friend have an issue with a domain bought through Afternic/NameMedia http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To be short, my friend bought a domain for $2500, and paid immediately.
The owner contacted him saying that it was priced wrong (?) and that the domain revenue was $3000/year so he didn't want to sell.
A week passed, and he had been contacted by Adam from NameMedia who wrote that this domain had a yearly revenue of $100000 (!!! yes you read right! about 34 times more the revenue the owner told me) and so the owner didn't want to sell.

I think this data are ridicolous. Membership agreement says that he bought this domain, and that they have to help him with this transaction.
Seller's rules too, say that seller is obliged to sell

Please note that you are bound by the Asking, Reserve and Floor Prices that you set.
If your domain sells at any of these prices, you are in a binding agreement to sell your name

This is the last mail he received, some minutes ago:

There was a pricing mistake and they will not be selling the domain for the 2500.00, we will be refunding your payment today. I apologize for the inconvenience and I understand our terms and conditions but sometimes there are circumstances that call for special attention.

In few words, they are saying that Afternic rules are worth nothing? The membership agreement is worth nothing?

They will simply cancel the transaction!

Can sue the company?

What do you think about this?