xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
travstatesmen

Introducing Statesman Of Travian And Radio Chick This forum account is dual-managed by a husband and wife team. This is

Posted Image

One of the many joys of married life is being able to cooperate and share responsibilities. I go out and work all day, sometimes 12 hours per day, and my wife looks after our wellbeing, using the money that I make at work to ensure that we continue to thrive. Where my wife's own income wouldn't support our family financially, I can assist with my income. If I were responsible for keeping us fed or keeping the house clean, I wouldn't have the time to work as many hours as I do in order to keep the cash flowing in to our household. It is a mutually beneficial relationship. At least, that is how it is meant to be anyway. There are always problems and pitfalls, but overall it works well, and people have been doing it for many, many years.

We don't always see eye-to-eye on all things, and our tastes vary widely, but each others personal strengths often complement and balance the other. I'm rather logical and practical, which helps in areas that my wife lacks in. She's compassionate and outgoing, which helps in areas that I lack in. I enjoy playing online games, which she hates. She enjoys online discussion, chat,and forums, which I don't always have much time for. This symbiotic relationship is ideal for an account here on Xisto. While I get the benefit of the Hosting Credits that my wife generates with her avid forum posting, she gets the enjoyment of meeting people and getting into deep and meaningful online discussions.

We are Statesmen of Travian and Radio Chick, a new dynamic duo on the Xisto forums. We use the same forum account, travstatesmen, but we are two separate people, logging on from the same computer. No doubt my wife will make her own post soon and debunk pretty much everything that I have said here. :)

Um welcome I guess, :) , just make sure to read the Xisto read me, and I would suspect that you two will be heavily using the edit button, but I could be wrong. Either way welcome to Xisto and see you in the forums.

WOW.. I am pleased to welcome this fantastic couple :) My name is Shree and I look around the technical things behind Xisto, thats my job here. My Co-admin BuffaloHelp takes charge on the forums.. and he is more like the strict Grandpa :P but he is a very sweet friend and I am sure you will be pleased to meet him as well.I m sorry to hear about the previous experiences with your webhost and I hope you will have a peaceful hosting experience here. If things go popular and you ever want a technology partner to send your work to millions, I would be glad to assist you in that as well. I consider this my duty and I m pleased to help people with this service we have secured online since 2004.I personally love Xisto members more than other members online. Over here, I can express myself to everyone more openly on broad and diverse topics. It gives me a better road to express myself as Shree.. By his guiding grace, we have been pretty peaceful on the web. We have a really good share of nice people around whom you would be pleased to talk to. I really don't know how Trap earns its respected members.. though me calling it fairly for hosting would be a lie. I will not talk more about the community as I believe it speaks for itself :-)See you around... Thank you again for being a part of our young community, Peace.Warmest Regards,-Shree

Posted Image Thank you Shree and Saint_Michael for the warm welcome.

I am still wading through the vast quantities of information you have given me to read, Saint_Michael, so please go lenient on me for a few days if I inadvertently break a rule or two along the way. I promise to read it all though, to become a valuable and obedient member of this online community.

As implied by the name, the "Statesmen of Travian" is a group of well mannered, eloquent, mature individuals who participate in an MMOG, and we are defined by these values and virtues. So many of the players that we have encountered in the game are rude, obnoxious, and lack any understanding of netiquette. The Statesmen of Travian take advantage of the rashness of those around us, using it against themselves. As it says on our current website, we don't just play Travian, we play the players of Travian. I have personally played a major role in destroying a #1 ranked Alliance on a Travian server, not using the traditional warfare system of the game, but by using politics, diplomacy, and espionage. We see ourselves as puppet-masters of the game, pulling the strings behind the scenes. One of my fellow Statesmen calls himself a Bounty Hunter (a play on the in-game moderator name of Multihunter), and has a long list of victories, having dissolved numerous Alliances purely using the finer arts that the Statesmen espouse.

I'm sure that any of my fellow Statesmen who find their way to the Xisto website, like unto myself, will become valued members of this online community, being that we promote good netiquette anyway.

Now, enough of my rambling. My darling wife has something that she wants to say also, so I shall leave it to her.

Posted Image

Posted Image Hi everyone! Well, I guess it's time for the wifey to have a word or two of her own.

Practical? Logical? Well, that's debatable. A couple of months ago, I decided to have a spring-clean, and one of the first things I wanted to offload was a TV table that had become surplus to requirements. You should have seen my husband's reaction - whereas before that, the offending object was about as much use to him as a chocolate fireguard, once I mentioned getting rid of it, it became as important to him as his PDA. It really was pathetic; I mean, he all but slept with the darn thing. It just about became vital to his survival - in fact, it became known as his "Swiss Army Table".

As far as women working for their own money, I hope my darling's comments in that regard don't bring a legion of Womens' Rights advocates down on his head. I work part-time because of circumstances which prevent me working full-time, and my husband supports me in that.

But fair's fair, and my hubby's assertion that I'm the one who's stronger on the 'social and compassionate side' isn't all true, either. He's currently sitting in his easy chair with the cat draped over his lap, and boy, do I know where this is heading, as soon she'll be sitting on his chest, licking his face off (this cat thinks she's a dog). But I like to talk, and the name 'crazyradiochick' stems from a brief time in my life when I worked as a radio announcer, a job that was right up my alley. Have big gob, will use it, that's me. Sometimes it gets me into trouble (those are the times my husband has to get me out of it), but that's the way I am, and it's the way I've always been.

But just in case you're getting the idea right now that this partnership my hubby and I have is a bit combative, let me tell you something - we love each other, we really do. I think you have to be good mates, which we are, to survive the slings and arrows of outrageous marriage. And our marriage sometimes gets very outrageous, 'specially when I'm trying to sleep with a non-collapsible TV tray.

I look forward to meeting with you all on this website, and I hope to see you soon.

Well luckily for you I don't have the power to ban j/k :) and yet I am old and wise about the inner workings of this forum, well not old nor wise either :P. Strangely enough I find you two very interesting to the point that you two have enough dirt on each other to embarrass the other just like that :P.Swiss Army table, sounds like an interesting concept that I can add to two tables, one with a computer and one for eating. Of course my bed turns to that with books, plats and bowls and of course my laptop computer as well :P. Odds are you two will be maxing out a lot of 10 credits posts which is seldom heard of here but possible.

Hello you two Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

You two sound like a very interesting couple. I have no doubt that you will add character to our site. Little old me has been here for 2 1/2 years and not contributed a whole lot to speak of. I have a simple graphics site hosted here offering free web sets for people who don't know a lot about building such things. The beginners seem to love my work. (I have caught some criticism from the more advanced site builders.) I feel there is still a need for work such as mine and have been swamped with special requests from people just starting to build sites for their own personal use. However, blogging seems to predict the eventual end to single personal sites. But, that remains to be seen. :P

Your work sounds awesome. I hope you both stay with us forever. :)