xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
natalia.shvan

Netfirms.com Sucks! See why Netfirms account sucks...

Hello all, I just signed 5 domains with Netfimrs.com....The reason why i signed is because it provides the domain for 5.95$ which the lowest price in the present domain market.. That is the first mistake i did in choosing it...After the creation of it, they provided a free hosting account which actually sucks because the place a massive ads on all you r pages and it is 25MB free space, however i am not using it.. At first i tried to create a subdomain and url forwarding to it, they said to wait for 24 hours which actually sucks because i also use Yahoo domains service which activates the subdomains or url redirection service very instantly and i took the live help support which sucks the most :) ...And the godaddy is some what better than it and i tried to domain transfer to the godaddy account but the problem is the domain transfer is only accepted after 60 days of domain creation according to icann thats the most suckiest thing i have ever seen. :P .. and now my domains are unemployed i mean they are just dumb without any life... because i dont like the hosting plan of NETFIRMS and i cannot transfer my domain to other hosting accounts... Can some one help me ? i'll be waiting.. :P

Back in the old days Netfirms was actually great, circa 2001. The reason why they were so great because it was the only free hosting service that had a sub domain plus front page extentions...my my how times change in 7yrs...sounds like netfirms didn't grow with the times.As for your problem, net firms hosts your domain but that doesn't mean you HAVE to use their webhosting services just go into your dns services, get a free web hosting account ex. freehostia, Xisto and presto, no ads...now, transfering it to go daddy problem, yes, 60days...that's common in all domain hosts...make sure you CAN transfer, some domain hosts put a TRANSFER LOCK...make sure the company doesn't put a lock on it, in some domain hosts you can uncheck it like namecheap.com but I dont know how Netfirms does it. good luck

Edited by aegreatone.co.cc (see edit history)

Thanks for the heads-up with that. It's kind of sad to see how many companies are pretty much screwing over their customers.If you signed up for the domain though you should have full access to it, such as the DNS forwarding, parking, etc. of it. Do you not have any of that?

yeah a lot of these hosting sites are crap. you need to know which ones to pick. Xisto is one of the best ones. there are other good ones but Xisto stands out because all you have to do is post at the forums which isn't a burden ( i joined Xisto because of the forums and only like a couple of days later i realised they threw in free hosting :lol: ). but i'm not sure if there is anything you can do i'm afraid. if you have chosen a domain like gamerzhangoutz.net then when you change hosting make it gamerzhangoutz.org or something so it will be very similar to your previous one.

I had always used netfirms when I need to sign up for my domain names. Reason being they are the cheapest in town. As for the hosting, I had always turn to others as I discover that the server provided by them is kinda slow. But, the piece of information is interesting thou. I will keep in mind should I need to turn to them for hosting as well.