xisto Community
mm22

Panasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files troubles managing (renaming, moving, deleting) movie files from the ca

I've recently bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ3, the one with a wideangle to telephoto lens (10x zoom from 28mm to 280mm equivalent) and I am very satisfied with the overall performance.Obviously I didn't buy the camera because of the movie features but occasionally I do take some short clip or use the "picture with audio" to comment on a photo, these functions are pretty easy to use and the quality of the video is reasonable.The movie files (or the audio attached to a picture) get saved in Jpeg Motion Picture format, generating a .MOV file which appears on the memory card next to a snapshot of the video itself in low-resolution Jpeg format, for example for a videoclip we would have something like this:- P1234567.MOV ---> audio/video file (I play it with real player)- P1234567.JPG ---> snapshot of the first frame (small size ~60-80kB) or actual picture in full resolution if using "picture with audio" no problem with JPG files, the MOV files instead show an unpredictable behaviour when trying to rename or delete them, in some cases the "impossible to rename/delete, the file is in use by another process" shows up (windows XP SP2) and the file can't be touched anymore, as if protected! moreover it's usually just ONE file in the whole folder that is not movable/renamable as if it had to hold some kind of mystic content... I thought there might be a link between the JPG and MOV files relating to the same picture but this doesn't seem to be the case or the source of problems since the JPG files can be handled fine...I occasionally experienced this kind of problems with other cameras when renaming files (I have my own naming convention I stick to) but usually the problem was solved by restarting windows, so I've always blamed this on windows :) probably that's still the case here, windows having troubles with MOV files or something like that...anyone has (had) the same problem and can help with that? sorry if the description is at times a bit messy :Pthanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 video problemPanasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie FilesBrand new camera and the movie files do not appear on the memory card. They can be viewed from the camera but they are not available to be copied over to the PC...Either via USB cable or direct from memory card slot on PC. It's like they're hidden.Is the new video format incompatible with Windows XP? Panasonic has not answered my request for help.-reply by Lori

Reply to (G)LoriPanasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files

Hi! I have exactly the same problem as you.The video files do not appear on the memory card and I can't find away to transfer those files onto my computer, even though I can play them on the camera. Have you een able to solve the problem???

-reply by Nath

I've had the same problem. This is what has worked for me: copy your movie file over to your computer from the sd card (for some reason I can't "move" or "cut and paste". After having done so, select that same movie file on your sd card and right click on it. Select "properties" and I think you will find that the file is archived. Uncheck that box, then you should be able to delete the file.

similar problem w/dmc-zs3Panasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files

I'm having a similar problem that you all are having.  The movie files do not appear on iPhoto, but they do appear in iMovie.  However, when I upload to video to iMovie it condenses it to over half the time - it's like it's been sped up.

issues with downloading movies from panasonic dmc-zs3Panasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files

I have the same issue. From the computer, I can not see the movie files on the memory card, and therefore can not copy them to the computer. Please publish the solution if anyone has found the resolution

solution to movie filesPanasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files

Same thing occurred to me. Movies are in AVCHD format. On the memory card, there is a folder called Private at the sameDCIM. Under this folder, there is another one called AVCHD and all the movie files are under aVCHD folder. You should copy all the files/folders underneath here.

To play these images, either down load AVCHD player from Internet (you can find one at https://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html) or you can use the software given with the camera.

I have a Panasonic video camera model nv-dx1. The problem is that it goes off focus frequently with error code of F51.What is the course of this frequent F51 error code and the solution to it Thanks-question by VALENTINE

Windows XP didn't seem to know what to make of AVCHD video files, but Windows 7 has no problem with them. The files work fine in the new MovieMaker, so I was able to easily convert them to WMV just by saving the movie. - WR

MOV files profuced by Panasonic are a long GOP format that is highly compressed, so it is not a good playing and editing format. Some MOV video player and editing software can not handle this MOV files. I would suggest that you convert the MOV footage to the other common format, like MPEG, AVI as that format is easy to edit and playback. That is what I do with my MOV footage and the results are excellent. There are rare programs which allows to import and make deal with this high compressed MOV files. Now share a program called Aunsoft Video Converter which can convert and edit MOV footages perfectly. http://www.aunsoft.com/convert_canon_mov_to_avi_for_windows_movie_maker/

Hello everybody.I have a problem with viewing motion pic files on a PC.I made some small clips with my Lumix DMC-ZS3. I can play them on camera just fine, but tried to move the files to the PC using the software which came with the camera -PhotosunStudio- and it recognized all the still photos but gave me a message "Removed from items to be acquired because it contains AVCHD Lite movie in a different TV system when it cam to movies. I copied the movie files onto my hard drve trying to open it using the same software, but no luck. My Windows Media centre doesn't know what to do with them either. Any help?

This solution worked brilliantly. Thank you

solution to movie filesPanasonic Lumix - Problems With Movie Files<p>Same thing occurred to me. Movies are in AVCHD format. On the memory card, there is a folder called Private at the sameDCIM. Under this folder, there is another one called AVCHD and all the movie files are under aVCHD folder. You should copy all the files/folders underneath here.</p><p>To play these images, either down load AVCHD player from Internet (you can find one at https://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html) or you can use the software given with the camera.</p>

I have a Panasonic Lumix and the camera is pretty great for photography during the day. It has a 12 megapixel resolution and holds up the picture quality even if you zoom in, so the camera is not just all about the megapixels but about the picture quality too.The one problem that I have is when photographing in low light, the image appears nice and bright when I look at it in the view finder, but as soon as I hit the button on top to take the picture, the view finder becomes dim and the picture taken appears dim too. I know this has something to do with the picture mode and I have observed the same problem on other Panasonic Lumix cameras too, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to figure out how to work the camera so that the same bright picture that appears in the view finder appears in the photograph too. If the camera is able to display it on the view finder, it should be able to save it and store it into a JPEG file too, right?