xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chris.oco

The Ultimate Stress Reliever

In my opinion, weightlifting is the ultimate stress reliever. Theres nothing like going out into the garage (i call it the temple of iron) and blasting my heaviest metal/rock music as loud as possible and throwing around big masses of iron. when im in the gym, i can release all of my anger into that lump of weight, no matter how your day was or is going, there's always release in the weight room.

Out there, you dont have to worry about being judged by ANYONE but yourself. you are free to sweat your butt off and not worry about who it offends, who thinks its nasty, or so on and so fourth... thats one of the main reasons I lift in a garage and not a real gym-- the gyms of today are filled with nothing but skinny, crybabies who know nothing about real work.

I recently read an article about some chains of gyms in the US having stupid rules against grunting!!!! GRUNTING!!! I couldnt believe my eyes!!! grunting!!! Let me be the first to say, if your not making some sort of grunting sound or heavy breathing, then YOUR NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

What is hard work you ask??? hard work is busting your butt EVERY time you step in front of the rack... grinding out every rep till the edge of pain.... killing yourself over the most minute detalis of a lift -- thats what makes a real man.... a real hardworker shows up EVERY time and then some. when a guts out session calls, they are the first in line with buckets in hand! -- just askin for more punishment... thats what we do.

In short, the gym is a sort of sanctuary for those of us who crave the iron and the pain that accompanies it, its a place of mental realease... where you can work things out mentally and realease anger and fear and pain and anyother feeling that fuels you in the weightroom. If you put that much passion and feeling and emotion into every lift, then afterwards, after the workouts, after all of the pain... you will feel SO refreshed and most of all STRONG mentally and physically, then you realize just how great it is to be alive and well and you enjoy the great things in life with that much more passion and strength.

That's an interesting point of view. I rarely visit the gym (I'm more into aerobic exercises) so it's interesting to note how going to the gym can help you to relieve stress. However, bear in mind that it is dangerous to overdo some of the exercise. When you are angry or stressed up, your feelings and physical environment tends to become less noticeable to you. You may end up straining yourself without knowing it. Feeling pain or breathless isn't simply attributed to weakness. It can be due to health problems, or perhaps the body is telling you to watch out because you're reaching your limit already. So do be careful when you work out at the gym!