xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Drew Axehandle

Sony Is A Rip Off

Yeah you either got them very used and someone lied to you that they were new or you got lucky and got some crappy PS2's. Thus the reason for the warranty and take it to the store and let them know that the systems are defective.

I have owned 7 Playstaion systems. ( 2 PS1, 3 PS2, 2 PS3 ).Not once has there been a problem.....other than the ones I caused by dropping it or spilling something on it.If you still have warranty, you can get a new one.

I have owned a PS2, both slim and the original model, not a problem at all, infact I would say it is very lasting. Now PS3 is better than I expected too. The only possiblility you parallel imported it from Japan before officially released in your country? It would decrease the life span, as it may not be designed for your county's power source and climate.

Your complain isnt specific. Sony consoles so far have good durability compare to XBOX from my view. So if you broke a PS2, best is to check your wall socket that you plug to for proper earth connection. Air flow is important too, if you stuff the console in a CLOSED TV rack, then chances of it getting roasted is fast.Also, like what others said, you got the PS2 at a dirt cheap price which have false claim on its working condition.

I completely disagree! sony is brilliant! i have 2 PSPs and a playstation, also lots and lots of audio, video, and PC equipment. Not a single complaint! everything i have bought from them, has worked perfectly, and not stopped working!

Haha what a coincidence, although I know this is no laughing matter.My PS2 actually broke not long ago but I have had it for a good 4 years and it has been awesome. It is a one of those phat silver ones, and it has been my 'other brother' for a good long time now. I must say that Sony is a pretty reliable brand so I don't think they would rip you off, at least not intentionally. i don't think any company selling anything would rip off anyone. The thing that is surprising that it has happened to two PS2s which is weird but a thought would be that maybe the power board where you plug it into is damaged or something or a disk is buggy and screws up the PS2, i have no idea what would've happened. One question though, is it within warranty still?

I have had a ps1 for a long time and it still works. I had a ps2 orginal model and it worked for a good 1-2 years until my younger brother jammed some crayons into it so I took it in and traded it for the new slim model. The slim model worked perfect for 1-2 years then had some problems. The first problem was you had to take the ps2 and move it up and down to get it to work. I fixed this by getting mad at it and punching it. No lie, it started working perfectly for another year. Now just a few weeks ago the power cord or something is mess up and it shuts off at random times. I think if I would go buy a new cord this would be fixed though.Overall my playstation experience has been a good one and I think that you just got a bad one and should take it back and get a new one.

I have modded mine and it still works. Considering the amount of things that I probably broke when I was modding it (I came up the the directions myself :) ) it still works great. The only thing that doesn't work so well for me is the power cord which was bent at the end a few times.

I absolutly agree! I have been lucky with Sony 3 times! I am very lucky have bought 1 PS2, 1 PS3, and 1 Sony laptop that are still working to this date. I have heard some things about Sony being bad, and I completely agree, because I have just ordered a TV from their site and the order status is this: "Money Taken - Shipment Lost, Please Call Customer Services) so Im quite dissapointed at that and hope I get my money back!Good Luck to everyone out there!

I have had 2 Playstation 2's that broke on me within the first 2 months of having them, I have kept it as good as I can keep it, can anyone tell me what is wrong here?

Hey,

that is pretty weird, sony playstation 2 should be pretty great! have you bought it used? personally, I have 5 friends using those that I know in real life and they get no problem at all. I even tried them all and they work perfectly. You might have bought them used without knowing this. Get refound and buy at a retail store that won't sell you used stuffs. Also, don't use eBay.

personally, I have pretty great experience with sony; mostly their televisions, they are so great! The image is just too amazing looks so realistic (ACL screens) I don't like plasmas :)

Good luck, hope next one you will buy will be much better!

Tim.

you sound pretty unlucky :) on the whole i've been pretty lucky with sony products, i've bought a plasma TV laptop ps2 and ps3 and a mobile which all were fine... only question i had with sony was that their products tend to be more expensive than market competitors... especially my vaio laptopbut since its been 5 years and its still in tip top shape i guess my complaint is gone~hope your problems are sorted outY.