xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

Siri Template/design Design with black, white and also some purple colours

Well I really need some views about this design or template. I am hoping that I will make the four little icons as avatars for some sites - so they will change from time to time. Therefore they are not really a part of the design. I struggled so much with the girls (Siri) hair because it was so big and also a part of her head was not on the original image. The background is so strong and takes a lot of "space" so I really can not do to much to the rest of it. The finishing result would just look too cluttered and overdone.

(I have forgotten to add a text effect some places.)

I am really not good at these things so all opinions will be taken in consideration... I like criticism so please just share it. :)

http://i33.tinypic.com/fm3m38.png

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

That is a pretty good start. I would suggest you consider a few things. Will your site be a fixed width or expandable? I think having an expandable width content is more professional but requires a bit more work to implement. - I would suggest you go for the same layout except make it the content section expandable.- The header is put on a background attribute so the content can sit on top of it and be adjusted up and down as desired instead of being fixed below the header.Other then that think clearly about what other sections you may want to include.Edit. Oh yeah your backgound seems to be a pattern so having it tile will be nice instead of cutting off to complete black when you make the page

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Yes, it will be expandable. (Not in width.) So in reality the design will be longer than you can see on the picture - it is just to give an idea. I do not really need expandable width, but maybe I will think of making the content section wider. Thanks for the idea. I will not make the background all black.:) You can see it in the picture, you know!

OHH so its a website template?At the start i didn't know what it was for because it was just an image file and the writing was like placed in all sorts of areasHowever, good job on the images and typography. the look pretty goodI think the image at the very top is abit dark though. How come the menu is in different areas? I kinda don't get that bitif its for a site. i prefer to leave it on one side of the page or on top of the page or at least somewhere that its aligned and placed properly.That could be done on purpose. but yer im not sure so im jst saying . im rambling on so dw abt mebut yer correct me if im wrong. :)once again nice job on the pics and choosing the fonts

Yes, so it is just a picture of it. :) I am really bad at knowing the differences between design and template.

I can try to lighten the top image. The problem is again that the girl hair was so hard to edit when I was deleting the background... therefore if I make the image lighter that difference will be more note cable. "Menu in different areas"? What should it be in one are then? Haha, I have no idea. It is kind of to create a line where one category ends, and another starts... well I can try that too, right?

Taking your opinions in careful consideration: (Yes, just a picture this one too!)

http://tinypic.com/images/404.gif

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

(Sorry about two posts in a row.)

Even though I got zero response on the previous version, I made a new one! This one is wider, and I have checked the height and width. I have also checked that there is no unnecessary space between graphics that is supposed to have the same space. I have tried to fix the girls hair, so now she kind of blends into the "fog." I have also edited/changed some of the brushes on the header; added some, removed some as well as editing the opacity. Maybe it is not so noticeable but I really did! :)

Now I really want/need some ideas or responses. Good or bad.

V3: http://i33.tinypic.com/33w9jjr.png