xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BravoNight

Sony Ericsson W910i Review

This is one of the lamest phone I ever found.From 1 to 10 I'd give it a zero - a BIG FAT OObviously I can't just say that without proving thatI've got the phone staring at me from the table.1. The phone comes in 2 colors onlyBlack - and Cherry RedThe girls will love it - the boys? Yuck2. The price is too big for this phonemeaning you could buy a better phone with the money3. Camera has loads of functions - though not enoughMotorola Maxx V6 has a loads more.Speed of the camera is slow on the highest qualitytaking a picture of a bird would be smudged - hell i would be surprised if the bird wont go away untill you shoot it4. No password - THATS RIGHTYou can put a password on your messagesneither on your configurationnothing.5. Customization - Hard to find, the only skins I found was Windows XP theme and VistaI found a program to make my own skins but its hard to use, and you cant skin everythingWALKMAN v.2 - cant be skinned6. the motion sensor in games absolutely not useful since there are no many games for this phone7. no built-in flashligh8. Hard to find the volume control (yes you heard me)9. Buttons are hard to push if you have a big hand10. Motorola Maxx V6 is better and cheaper I thinkGood things:1. The game Lumines Block is addictive2. Sound quality - awesome3. has a lot of internet fitures including radio and TV4. Big screen

Your review on the phone is too personal.Every phone have its flaws and strength but from what i can read, Motorola indeed suits you than SonyEricsson. The buttons on W910i isnt that hard to press as i have big fingers too and once used to it, you will know how to overcome the issue.Customization, as you said its hard to use its bundled software to create more themes. Well, i use it all the time as i do themes for fun and for friends. Nothing is easy on first start and the customization for Motorola is even harder than any other phone. Though, i can agree on some of your points but overall, this summarized review is too personal for my reading.

Same here. I agree phones are really personal items, just like a personal assistance. I personaly find that all phones have pros and cons, and no one would tailor made a phone for you. Different brands of phones are known for different purposes, and target different markets of people. I have used Motorola phones, and too find that what your're looking for has it all in a Motorola. Personaly I do not like Sony Ericsson at all, and would not even bother to walk into their shops, simply because it is not for me. I have to say I am a Nokia fan. Cheers.

W910i is one of the best walkman phonesI have no probs with this phone it does.Nt even has a restarting issue as many people complainedBUY it ITS AWESOME.& as for camera there is no flash but there is a night mode which replaces Flash to 80% this is a phone for MUSIC & NOT for Camera if you want a Camera Phone you Can buy a SE C905 it has an incredible 8.1 Megapixels but lacks in music (cant say much as I don't own it) 

-Shumayal

Hey guys! I believe that this phone looks quite good but as lots of people said, phones are personal you cant make a reveiw on it based on your own opinon, everything has problems and good things with it, thats life and we all have to deal with it. Phones are personal but the main thing they do is SMS and call people, and thats what they were invented for right? So they are doing a good job helping people communicate all over the world, Awesome.

Mobile is getting switched off regularlySony Ericsson W910i

Hi Folks,

Greetings...

I'm getting heritated oftenly due to mobile(sony w910i) is getting switched off regularly...

I don't know what happend and how to resolve this prob...Actually one stupid has taken and done a trial and play on my mobile recently..Due to some virus got affected ,I think mob might be got infectted..COuld one of you please help me out regarding this misterious prb...

Thanks you for all who are trying to give the suggestions in advance..

Cheers

Sudhu @};-

Replying to (G)sudhu

sudhu its not virus problem,if you have gprs connection in your operator Please follow this...

1.Go to settings icon

2.In first tab there is a update service please click that they gonna connect,then it downloads latest software(firmware) automatically,

NOTE:Please put battery full charge otherwise it cannot finish dowload software,after completion of software download they going to boot donot click any button...

Thats all its over, here aftermobile cannot get switched off good luck

sudhu by Manu (Tamil nadu) INDIA

phone lock codeSony Ericsson W910i

hay can anyone help I have the w910i but its an old one not used it in over a yr and I forgot the code I put in to secure it from anyone wantin to steal it but now its locked and I cant get on it until I put the phone lock code in but I aint got a clue what it is can anyone please please help  

-reply by karly

were do i find w910i motion sensor gamesSony Ericsson W910iHi all ive got a sony ericsson w910i with motion sensor but I cant find any games with this I did find 1 but everything was currupt could someone please help me find some motion sensor games-question by Connor

awsomeSony Ericsson W910iReplying to BravoNightUnless you have this phone you can't comment. -Make -Use1-sony ericsson-Music/Looks/Size/Capabilities2-samsung-Camera3-nokia-Invunrability/Battery Life4-motorola-Unknown5-lg-Features6-apple-Size/Screen/Touch Screen/HDD Size7-sanyo-Unknown8-blackberry-Business9-Siemens-Unknown10-Audiovox-UnknownI Have a Sony Ericsson W910i-Nice Screen Size-Awesome Speaker-Viewing Good Quality pictures (No loss of quality)-Bluetooth is fast--Onething - You will always take this phone in for one repair, all myfriends have this phone, they have taken it in once in 2 years.SONY ERICSSON RULES-reply by Anon

I was surprised to see this review. I believe this was my old phone, give or take a few model numbers, although with slightly different customization. I have since switched to a thinner model from the same Sony-Ericsson Walkman Phone line. I was reasonably happy with both models. As I see it...Pros:very good music, it really is Walkman technologyactually quite a good camera considering it's meant as a small ish phone (on the thicker model anyways, not my newer one)all the basic features of a modern phonewas free with contractCons:the w910i in particular is bulkier than your average phone, definitely bulkier than a Razr or suchquite expensive if your carrier doesn't subsidize the costAll in all, a great phone if music is your focus, and a good phone overall. Especially if your carrier offers it free, quite a nice deal, much like any other from the Sony-Ericsson Walkman line.

Nice and slenderSony Ericsson W910iI, for one, has a se w910i. And I cn say it's one of the best phones in the sony ericsson walkman family. Disadvantage: frequent restarting, no password feature, no camera flash, no cam lens cover, no interchangeable phone housing just like in nokia, 3g phone bt nt dual cam just like in moto v3x.Advantage: cleaR and crisp picture and quality, outstanding sound resolution, big clear screen, light, very nice keys, very fast internet connection ( comparable to high end phones), fast bluetooth conextion. Though phones have their own capabilities, just choose a phone that suits your satisfaction. U cnt just give a review with a phone that u don't like otherwise, you will be accused of being biased. Try to gve an opinion that you think would help the readers to gve a better option and not disappointment. We can be critical reviews but not destructive reviews. What you feel is nt the same as what other feels. Don't compare too much as other brands has its own flaws.-reply by Magnifico

Hi,

I have w910i phone it have call holding problem yes, I cant call hold in my phone and I cant put conference call. Pls any help me

Thanks

Velu

I know you posted this ages ago, but I would like to tell you that this is a pretty cool phone.  I have it too.  And I'd like to tell you that it doesn't just come in 2 colours, it comes in 6.  SIX!  Black, Red and Silver, Black and Pink, White and Gold, Brown and Gold, and Light Pink.  Also, I have 2 friends who are boys who are using this phone and they really like it.  The volume controls aren't hard to find.  They are usually on the side of the phone so the first place to check is there.

That is the a big stupidity.I have that phone , and is not very hard too customize unless if you don't have brain.I put new acoustics on him and many things, and is better that an IFONE,REGARDS TOO ALL WHO HAVE THAT PHONE.-reply by morpheus