xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HyBriD54

Stress Balls

Does anyone here have a stress ball? If so, does it actually help when you are stressed?I got a stress ball for $5 today. It's blue and has these horrible bumps on it, and when you squeeze it, it does this creepy thing where the bumps get bigger and turn into bright green pimples. Frankly, I think it would make a person even more stressed...One another note, the stress ball came with instructions, and had an interesting point to make:"Squeezing the stress ball too hard may cause it to leak." :P Isn't the whole point of a stress ball for it to be squeezed as much as possible? How do you let your anger out on something if you're going to have to worry about it breaking? :)

I don't think they help too much. I have used one before personally not because I went out and brought one but a friend had it. Its a waste of money in my opinion and a boxing bag would be way better. Do something physically active like playing sports or running/working out to relieve stress.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Yeah I agree but having more of a physical thing to do is much better. Punching bags are fantastic in order to get rid of extra energy and pent up rage and hatre for society =DSqueezing a silly thingy isn't very helpful at all in my books.

I have a stress ball, but it's not what most people think of when they think of stress balls. It's this bouncy, rubbery pink ball with thick rubber "hair" around it, and it makes a funny sound as it flies through the air. It's fun to toss around when I'm bored, and when I'm stressed, I throw it as hard as I can against my door. That relieves stress much more than squeezing it does :)

The stress ball can leak? Which would mean it would have some form of liquid in it? Weird O_O Aren't they usually made of foam..?I've never felt the need to use a stress ball, but that's because I'm still young and don't really have anything to be stressed about yet :) So I can't really give any input on how effective stress balls are =\I do, however, like stress relievers that are shaped oddly, for example a brain-shaped stress reliever o_o

the stress ball have some sort of gel. I have 2 stress ball. Exploded one when i accidentally sit on it :) It does the job for me, when i am stress.. woot! its squeezing time :P

I don't think it helps much, and it looks and feels disgusting. I prefer the beanie stuffed toys, the kind that you can squeeze like a stress ball. At least they are cute and nice-looking.

Stress balls help people like me, sure, as said before, punching bags do relieve more stress. but I like to hit or squeeze or do any other violent action against small items that fit in my palm. Imagine playing a game on your DS or your PSP, and you get so frustrated you want to start slamming your handheld (or controller, in the case of playing a regular console, or even a computer game or anything pretty related to holding anything and getting stressed) and/or throw it right out of the window, now, what's better, squashing an indestructible (in a way of squashing and smashing, I mean) ball or squashing something that costs money? I haven't seen such stress balls that make pimply things grow out... I now stress balls that are nice and soft, and are really, really squishy! :)

Ug.. I hate stress balls, i think they got me stressed out more than I actually was. The first one I got was the prickly thing with water in it, it did not help but did me wrist pain :lol: so what happened to it? yep, it turned into kitty prey. My cat destroyed it in 10 seconds. The other one was the foamy version with a smiley face on it. I hated it the instant I saw it and it was supposed to be a gift from my friend. The day I was stressed out, I got him over and threw the ball at him :)I personally go out for walks or have an occasional smoke when I am really stressed out. I get stressed out only by people so I relieve it by making them sit and have an earful for 5 minutes tops and then being all cheerful again :XD: