xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Weather Cycles Or? normal cycels or globle warming.

for the last few weeks I have been doing a lot of research into hurricanes hitting my state of New Jersey. In this research I have noticed a few things that struck me kinda odd. on the avg of every 9 to 11 years there more hurricanes, the last big outbreak was in 2005 with 28 named storms. I looked back as far as in the 1800, for as much data as I could find. True going back that far was hard, and not many true records where kept in that time. Mostly first hand accounts..Seeing this also got me looking into tornados as well, and I found the same thing. on avg every 9 to 11 yrs there is also a big break out like there has been this year. Seeing all this has made me really think, Could this be just a normal Cycle that mother nature goes through? or could it be this so called globle warming? or maybe a little of both? That's a question that really has no answer I feel. because there is no real data from way back then to put up with all the computers and data kept today. But seeing all this, really has to make you think too, Are we as the human race hurting out earth with all of our polution?or is this just a cycle? You can make your own guess of this, and thats all it really is, its just a guess.It's not just about Hurricanes and Tornados though. The heat waves, all the rain droughts. I bet if we all did a little checking on all of this we would find that there is a pattern to be found in all of this.

I do not think that global warming is true. I think that earth does have normal cycles and warming is one of them. I think that in the future when the earth starts cooling down in the other end of its cycle people will be freaking out about it just like they are freaking out about global warming. I do think that we do need to do our part to stop pollution on our planet though but not to the point of bankrupting our economy. It is stupid to spend millions and even billions of dollars on things that really haven't even been proven true. There are as many articles about global warming being false as there are articles about it being true. I do not believe that we can make true predictions on the weather if we do not have records that go back more than at least 500 years. People may hate to admit it, but our research in weather is very young still. We can not say that the earth has had unnatural weather the past years when we don't even know if it could be a simple cycle that the earth goes through every 200-1000 years. i think that we are just seeing the extreme end of earth's cycle.

I do not think that global warming is true. I think that earth does have normal cycles and warming is one of them. I think that in the future when the earth starts cooling down in the other end of its cycle people will be freaking out about it just like they are freaking out about global warming.

Now we are talking of an "ice age" that too could be a normal cycle here as well. Look back at the UK in the 1700's when everthing froze. and as in the 1970's when record snow fell all over the northeast. I guess what I am trying to say here is this. Mother Nature has a mind of her own, and we can not forcast what it will do, Only make a guess.

I tend to agree; weather cycles not human enhanced global warming.It is interesting to note that the hottest year in the last 100 is still from the "dust Bowl" days of the 1930's, 1934 (I think) being the warmest on record. Another thing of note is that the pattern seems to be reversing itself right now. Florida, USA just experienced on october 30, 2008 the coldest day in 120+ years. It also interesting to note that when anyone provides data that conflicts tith the current "consencus" of global warming, it is discounted as being propaganda paid for by big energy, or wrote off as being prepared by fanatical conspiracy theorists, or some other bunk.Lets remember once upon a time the consencus was; the earth is the center of the universe, the sun revolves around the earth, large objects fall faster than small one's, and the earth is flat, just to name a few-we know what science proved to be true in those cases. We need to ban together to stop unrational, expensive legislation aimed at combating a theory that is highly contriversial.

-reply by trader9059