xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Ipod Touch Vs. Iphone

Yes, you can run the same apps (which you can get on the iTunes App Store ) as the iPhone on the iPod touch with the iPod Touch 2.0 Firmware (which is the same firmware on which the iPhone 3G runs on) which is available from Apple for $10 from their Apple Store.

Shhh, search Google for the update, you can find it for free!

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

As far as the apps go the iPod touch and the iPhone can run all the same apps. I would personally suggest buying the iPod touch though. The iPod touch has more storage and no monthly fee as compared to the iPhone which has a monthly fee(service plan) and not nearly as much storage as the iPod touch. :)

Actually there are a few apps that require the GPS functionality of the new iphone and would be useless to put on an iPod Touch. Being able to get cell data is also useful when you're on the go and require the internet without wardriving around looking for an unprotected network. If you're thinking to get one or the other, and cant decide what to get, don't get caught up in the similarities. Ask your self, what do you need, a cell phone or and iPod? Just because the iPhone has iPod capabilities, and the iPod Touch has the ability to surf the web doesn't mean you should spend ages deciding which one to get. If you can afford the ATT service price I think you'll be happier with the iPhone just because you won't be limited to wifi networks, however if you can't the iPod touch is a decent iPod. If you need an iPod with a lot of storage, the classics have plenty of that. 32gb really isn't too much for some people.

I read somewhere on the net that bestbuy will soon be selling the iphone 3g, it did not specify if it would be without an at&t plan or something like that, but it will be available by mid september. If you can get it without at&t it will be great for me because the iphone contracts are really expensive.

ipod touch is betterIpod Touch Vs. Iphone

Did you know that there is a feature that allows you to call on the ipod touch for free?  It isn't ever illegal.  You can find it on apple's site.  Cool, huh?

With that out of the way, I say that the touch is much more worth your money.  It's got just as many features as the iphone, and the new one has GPS.  I am one of the designers of the touch (but I'm not biased), so the new one is far better than the old, and WAY better than the iphone, in my opinion (I own both).  So save youself some money, people, and buy a touch.  

-reply by Izumi

I think the iPod Touch is better. Yeah, it lacks phone features... but that's why a year ago you got that cool <insert phone here>. Also, on the Touch, the internet is free as long as you can get a WiFi signal, and like was said before, you don't have to pay for it monthly. The iPhone kind of was just made to do what you'll never do - use an iPod and your phone at the same time.

i would say , a clever IPOD is nothing but an Iphone , but comparing about the battery life , IPOD had more battery life than Ifone , and moreover IPOD is Sleek , its worth mentioning about Itouch here , i would call the advanced version of Ipod is Itouch ,thats simply like a paper and it rocks..and performs the same and even more operation than an Ipod.

I understand your question, but it more depends on if you actually need the phone. If you don't, go with the iPod Touch. If you do, choose the iPhone. I have had both and completely moved to the iPhone because I liked it and carrying 2 was kind of pointless. Anyways. There are quite a few apps that won't run on the iPod because you need features the iPod can't support. In the new generation of the Touch, you can use an external microphone, which covers some apps, but there are many that are just pointless with no constant internet connection or GPS.Also, while one may argue there is no service fee for the iPod touch and there is for the iPhone, think of it like this; you need internet for the iPod to go on the internet, some places offer it for free but most do not. The iPhone has the data plan, so you always have internet. It is somewhat expensive, but it is VERY convenient. The only crappy part is AT&T charges so much. I personally use T-Mobile, which is a lot cheaper. In the end, it really depends on what you need it for.

I'm one of those people that dislikes clumping things and features together so even if I actually bought the iphone, I don't think I would use its mp3 features. I prefer having phones and mp3 players separate, so based on that I would say get the itouch.Yes its lacking some of the features of the iphone but overall MOST of the features and apps are the same. The itouch has way more storage than the iphone (so its capability as an mp3 player is way better) and obviously since you wont be using it for 2 functions (phone and music), the battery will last longer as well.Wifi internet is free on the itouch as well which is very handy :) I don't really use my phone for the internet so a data plan wouldn't be of much use to me (more like a waste of money)Like Tramposch said, it probably does depend on what you really need in the end. Still if you need the phone features, the iphone isn't bad. I still prefer Nokia phones because I think they're the most reliable.

I would recommend what I want for myself. I'm gonna get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, probably the Samsung Propel (in blue :) ) and the iTouch. Free internet at my house and lots of other places and a phone with a solid keyboard.

-reply by phone+iTouch

if any one would give me then i would ask for iphone or samsung omniathis two phones are rocking the worls as i hope so and also this two are great on their own sidesjust try it once and i am sure that you will also be a big fan of it and also you can have lg cookieits also not badall the best

Well I have an iPod Touch and an iPhone 3G so I would be great for this comprisson.1) The Design is different and colours are.2) Weight is different.3) Some apps with only work and run on the iPhone because of a mic and vibration.4) Speed the iPhone seems to be faster at going through the apps.5) Battery life, The iPhone does not last as long as it also has a phone attached to it.6) Phone (Obliviously) However you can call and text people for free on an iPod Touch however you will need a WIFI connection to the internet.7) Price.I can't really think of any more.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)