xisto Community
amrit

Which Flash Drive Do You Use?

I have a 1GB Kingston flash drive. It's around 3 years old. The strange thing is that, while it works on almost any other PC, at home, I have to run iTunes before plugging in the flash drive. Otherwise, Windows says it's an unrecognized USB device :)

My usb drives a little old, I didn't buy a new one.I have 1 GB Kingston and 512 MB Profilic keysmart.I am using them for ages. :)

I had three, broke one, lost one, and am now left with only this one:

A 4GB Corsair Flash Voyager. It's rubberised, and bounces if you drop/throw it :) It also has a cool blue LED, and will survive being run over by a car. I'm not going to run my flash drive over, but it's nice to know it would survive if I ever did!

Posted Image

I use 8GB Transcend JF V60 :)

I had three, broke one, lost one, and am now left with only this one:

A 4GB Corsair Flash Voyager. It's rubberised, and bounces if you drop/throw it :P It also has a cool blue LED, and will survive being run over by a car. I'm not going to run my flash drive over, but it's nice to know it would survive if I ever did!

Posted Image

cool rvalkass!!!!!! it really bounces if you throw it!!!

Yup :) It can get annoying though - if you drop it on a desk, it has a tendency to bounce a couple of times before you can grab it to use it!

how much did u buy it for anyways???

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Storage/cat/USB-Flash-Drives/subcat/USB-2.0-Flash-Drives

Slightly more expensive back when I bought it though.

I LOVE near-indestructible stuff. :) I really like Cruzer Minis... the ones that you can retract the end and not worry about losing caps. I currently own two 1GB, one 4GB, and one 8GB varieties. Two major complaints about these sticks though: the transfer rate speeds (read and write) and the stupid U3 software that AUTOMATICALLY installs whenever you stick it into any PC. I wish you could just keep it from installing that crap instead of having to find a PC you don't care for, stick it in there, then remove it later when you get bored enough or time with the U3 uninstallation tool.The Cruzer is also washable too, considering that I love leaving the darn things in my pocket. After a few days of precautionary drying, they still work.

I have a 8gb SanDisk Cruzer Micro which is like almost all used up and If it counts a 500GB Eternal Hard Drive! :-P

Say what!?

I use a crappy LG 2G Silver thing, it's about 2 years old, you can't the transfer rate on it, it's below 1mbs! I am thinking of getting a 16gb one of my mate who's dad is an IT for the police and can get this crap :)

Sam.