xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

What Is Bobcat

Bobcat is the AMD's answer to Intel's Atom Processors. Bobcat is the processor for mobile devices which are more energy efficient and consume less power.

The Bobcat is actually the name of a North American Wild Cat. The Bobcat processor to be released in middle of next year comes with the following specifications,

* 1GHz core * 128KB L1 Cache
* 256KB L2 Cache
* OnBoard Memory controller with 400MHz DDR2 RAM
* 800MHz HyperTransport link with 812 Pin connector.
* 8Watts power consumption

Technically the AMD Bobcat and Intel ATOM processors are almost the same. Intel's Atom Processers are expected to come with dual cores. Lets wait and see which one gets the larger chunk of the market :)

Learn more about AMD Bobcat

I don't know if anyone cares, and maybe it's off-topic, but Bobcat is the name of a pick-up truck in GTA-series game too. In GTA San Andreas is almost everywhere. :)

hmm I didn't know that code name. However, important thing is that by extrapolating from the current large issues of the AMD processors I would say that I would put my bet on the Intel at this point in time, and because they have provided it far before AMD and all those fame and broadcoastings from Intel for reporters and newspapers is a good advertisement that can do only good also thay have took a large chunk of companies that signed deals with them for large amounts of these processors, and Intel will probably win this battle again.But nontheless if AMD plans to have this as a single core processor then this will be probably good as their last extremly good processor that de facto put them in the current situation. And one more important thing is in the last few years Core Duo made Intel famous it will probably be dogfight between companies with best of their pproducts presenting. Since AMD will not survive one more crash on the market, and company might even go to bankrupt or sell to someone else, leaving only one player on the market and since AMD has licence for x86 architecture then this can be quite dangerous thing. I wouldn't like to see so monopolistic or maybe oligopolistic market to only one company since that will for certain slower development of new things and damage computer industry all over the world also inducing high risk on IT sectors in each country of the world.Best Regards,Hitman

I don't know if anyone cares, and maybe it's off-topic, but Bobcat is the name of a pick-up truck in GTA-series game too. In GTA San Andreas is almost everywhere. :P

and a popular manufacturer of loaders, excavators, etc. :)