xisto Community
jopak134

Georgia In State Of War its days in the news no one is reporting it here weee

This morning I was watching the Olympic Games. In a match,players from Russia and Georgia got the silver medal and the bronze medal. When they were attending the awarding ceremony,I was thinking: oh, the two countries are in a war now, and their players are still competing in the Olympic Games. :)

In a match,players from Russia and Georgia got the silver medal and the bronze medal. When they were attending the awarding ceremony,I was thinking: oh, the two countries are in a war now, and their players are still competing in the Olympic Games. :)

Actually, it has been reported that some Georgian athletes wish to withdraw from the games so that they can fight for their country. Whether they will be allowed to is another matter.

Russia should pull back from Georgia immediately. I am from Turkey, and Georgia is our north east neighbour country. Russia's attack makes lots of nearby country people angry, including me :) . Turkey is trying to make ceasefire between the two side. But Russia doesn't seem to make a ceasefire. If Russians overrun Georgia, they will have to face with Turkey, and NATO too.The cold war was ended in 1991. But it will start again with a hot war, if Russia continues. By the way I don't agree that the South Ossetia to become independent. South Ossetia and Abkhazia should continue to be part of Georgia.

Russia should pull back from Georgia immediately. I am from Turkey, and Georgia is our north east neighbour country. Russia's attack makes lots of nearby country people angry, including me :) . Turkey is trying to make ceasefire between the two side. But Russia doesn't seem to make a ceasefire. If Russians overrun Georgia, they will have to face with Turkey, and NATO too.The cold war was ended in 1991. But it will start again with a hot war, if Russia continues.

By the way I don't agree that the South Ossetia to become independent. South Ossetia and Abkhazia should continue to be part of Georgia.

I agree with your last sentence. However I don't think that Russia invaded Georgia. I haven't followed all the news, but by what I did see (on TV) I think the fighting broke out when Georgia tried to take back South Ossetia by force and attacked Russian peace keeping troops in the process. I repeat, I know better then to blindly believe everything I see on TV, but that's the impression I got. If that's true then Georgia is the one to blame for the war.

One way or the other I doubt NATO would go to war with Russia over Georgia. Presence of nuclear weapons on both sides make that scenario very unlikely

I agree with your last sentence. However I don't think that Russia invaded Georgia. I haven't followed all the news, but by what I did see (on TV) I think the fighting broke out when Georgia tried to take back South Ossetia by force and attacked Russian peace keeping troops in the process. I repeat, I know better then to blindly believe everything I see on TV, but that's the impression I got. If that's true then Georgia is the one to blame for the war.
One way or the other I doubt NATO would go to war with Russia over Georgia. Presence of nuclear weapons on both sides make that scenario very unlikely

South Ossetia wants to be independent, but why doesn't the North Ossetia want to be independent? Because north Ossetia is belonging to Russia.
South Osseita wants to be independent because the Russians will command new independent state, so they will include them into their borders unseen.
I didn't see the Russians as peace keeping, even in World War II the Russians were unmerciful to German, Polish... people.
Now, Russians take control of South Ossetia, but are still bombarding outside of South Ossetia. Having very high tech nuclear power making Russia too aggressive.
The things what Russia is doing are making the other states to be armed with nuclear weapons. After the operations like this, the count of nuclear armed countries will increase.
Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

South Ossetia wants to be independent, but why doesn't the North Ossetia want to be independent? Because north Ossetia is belonging to Russia.South Osseita wants to be independent because the Russians will command new independent state, so they will include them into their borders unseen.
I didn't see the Russians as peace keeping, even in World War II the Russians were unmerciful to German, Polish... people.
Now, Russians take control of South Ossetia, but are still bombarding outside of South Ossetia. Having very high tech nuclear power making Russia too aggressive.
The things what Russia is doing are making the other states to be armed with nuclear weapons. After the operations like this, the count of nuclear armed countries will increase.

Russian troops were in South Ossetia legally as a peace keeping force, recognized by the entire world, Georgia included. If you have problem with that, it's has nothing to do with this war.

If Georgia tried to take South Ossetia back by force, after agreeing to peace keepers and negotiations and attacked Russian forces in the process then Russia has the right kick them out of South Ossetia. Simple as that. North Ossetia has nothing, but absolutely nothing to do with all this. If South Osseita gets its independence there's no reason why they can't choose to unite with Russia, in the same way that Czech Republic can choose to unite with Slovakia and nobody has any right to stop them. I repeat I don't think South Ossetia should be independent, but what Georgia did was a bad way to ensure that.

Russian troops were in South Ossetia legally as a peace keeping force, recognized by the entire world, Georgia included. If you have problem with that, it's has nothing to do with this war.

If Georgia tried to take South Ossetia back by force, after agreeing to peace keepers and negotiations and attacked Russian forces in the process then Russia has the right kick them out of South Ossetia. Simple as that. North Ossetia has nothing, but absolutely nothing to do with all this. If South Osseita gets its independence there's no reason why they can't choose to unite with Russia, in the same way that Czech Republic can choose to unite with Slovakia and nobody has any right to stop them. I repeat I don't think South Ossetia should be independent, but what Georgia did was a bad way to ensure that.

I agree some of your words...

By the way the Russians have captured the city Gori which is out of the South Ossetia. I think this shows, Russia's purpose is different from being peace-keeping !

They captured Gori, or should I say they overrun Gori.

Posted Image

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

How is this going now? It is said that the Russian troops have withdrawed from Georgia and Russia has recognized South Ossetia's independence.The main trend of the twenty-first century should be peace and development.But it is so different to maintain that every place in the world in a peaceful mood all the time.I remember that not long before in Europe the province of Kosovo declared independence from Serbia.Can we declare that these two issues are the same?In Kosovo, it seems that most Albanians are gald to be independent,they danced in the streets and fired guns in the air to celebrate their independence.And this time, maybe the people in South Ossetia also prefer to be independent.Russia was very worried about Kosovo's independence,but now,whose turn is it? Who is worried about South Ossetia's independence? I think many countries are worrying.The clash between the principles of sovereignty and self-determination was far from resolved. All these things make our world dangerous.Will there be more Kosovos and more South Ossetias?Will there be more wars? I hope not.

there are still in georgia(not withdrawing). what will you do it one part of your country rebelling? ofcourse defend your sovereignity. It is true that some are russian citizens, not by birth but given to them! which is different.Russia has no right to attacking another state just to defend there people. How ironic!i for one thinks that something big will come its just a matter of time.But it is true that georgia is the first to move but IT IS THEIR RIGHT!

i for one thinks that something big will come its just a matter of time.

I agree with you. Soon Nato and Russia will go to war. I wonder how will be the nuclear war :)
Good luck for everyone, in this war!

Russia and Georgia have always had fights with each other except this time the fighting is actully being reported. This bears some similarities to the way the americans behaved in Kosovo when they set up thier own peace keeping mission there just like the russians did in South ossetia and Abkhazia. If the Americans wanted to show thier differances from russia then they might want to consider to follow international law a bit more something they have seemed incapable of doing.

South Ossetia wants to be independent, but why doesn't the North Ossetia want to be independent? Because north Ossetia is belonging to Russia.South Osseita wants to be independent because the Russians will command new independent state, so they will include them into their borders unseen.

Erdemir, saying this you are just showing your complete ignorance in the World History. "in WW2 russians were unmerciful to Germans????" Please reread history books and don't leave that kind of comments. Your post doesn't even make any sense. This is unbeleivable that people judge the whole country and the people of this country without any knowledge of the history!!!