xisto Community
LooneyMapleStory

Phpbb Or Phpnuke?

wtf? phpBB and phpNuke are totally different things!If you are good at coding in php, then turn phpBB into a CMS (relatively simple, if you don't decide on ACP integration as well... :|) phpNuke is 100% CMS...I never liked phpNuke because of the fact the ALL of the skins never looked good and always followed a "specific" layout...There are plenty of portals for phpBB (i.e. Stargate Portal, Board3Portal, etc) which makes it SO many times better than phpNuke, but if you are going to go for a pure CMS, then go with Joomla! or something...

Which is best to use depends on what you want your site to do.

phpBB is a forum, allowing members to post topics and replies, in the same way as you are doing so now on Xisto. There are plenty of little extensions and modifications to phpBB to give it extra functionality, but it is primarily a forum software.

phpNuke is a content management system (CMS). It allows news articles to be posted, pages to be written, galleries to be used and plenty of other, more general, features. If I remember correctly, you can also integrate a forum with it, and add that to your website.

OpenSourceCMS has demo installations of hundreds of popular CMSs and forums for you to try out. Take a look and see what best fits your needs (phpBB and phpNuke are both on there).

Yeah, I have the same issue right now. I really didn't even know what phpnuke was until using the autoinstaller that Trap has...And now that I'm looking at it, I mean it does have a lot of features but isn't really as custom as I would like. You can't just go make different pages look completely different with only a little bit of code, or change things without a lot of work and whatnot.So I've pretty much decided to just go with phpbb and a normal website, and then put up a link to my forums. Can anyone explain how to get phpbb to show up on a web page though? I was going to do that before for some stuff but I didn't see options in the admin control panel anywhere and don't even know where to start for that kind of stuff.

Your friend must be dumb (no offence)... does he realize they are both different things? Just because phpBB and phpNuke are different things? Just because they both have the name "php" doesnt mean they're the same thing. Overall, phpBB is quite a good free forum software, but I would prefer MyBB instead. And, I don't like phpNuke, Joomla is a better cms.

The user, you though has understood the message? phpBB it is a forum and one of the best forums, and php-nuke it cms to compare them silly, not that that is silly, even it is impossible..... Here explain to me as it is possible to compare a forum and a site cursor? I cannot simply understand....