xisto Community
xlilshortaznx

What Computer Should I Get? My First Computer I Get To Pick Out

I'm getting a computer and I don't know which one I should get. I play games on the computer (downloading ones), and I listen to music with my IPod. If I download games, I want to have room for pictures, music, videos, and other documents. I play 10+ games and play them daily. Right now, currently the computer I have is my sister's. The computer is slow and has only one game currently. I would want to know the best gaming computer I should get with a cheap price. I don't know what the highest price I could spend on it is. All I need is a tower, I have everything else. I don't know much about computers...
--------
Here are some games I play:

IJJI GunZFlyff
Euro GunZ
Rakion
2 Moons
Bots
Rumble Fighter
Combat Arms
Conquer
World of Warcraft
Maple Story

I play more of them but I can't remember. The only game I get to play at home is IJJI GunZ. If I download even one other game, the computer is very slow.

If you have some suggestions, please post the price. Customized a computer would cost too much.

Thanks. :)

well the latest in the market is:processor core 2 duo(core 2 quad is not really needed for u) with a good motherboard2gb of rama good lcd monitora good graphics card (ati or NVIDIA)and you also need a hard drive with a good 160 gb or more space...now all this in my country costs 2000 riyals or 500$(approx conversion)

Knowing your budget would be helpful, so we at least have a rough idea of what you can get for your money.

Dell are selling desktop PCs for anything from Ł269 upwards.

I presume, as you say you have everything else, that you already have a monitor. If so, is it a VGA or DVI connection (as you will need to make sure your new PC will be able to connect to the monitor)?

well the latest in the market is:processor core 2 duo(core 2 quad is not really needed for u) with a good motherboard
2gb of ram
a good lcd monitor
a good graphics card (ati or NVIDIA)
and you also need a hard drive with a good 160 gb or more space...
now all this in my country costs 2000 riyals or 500$(approx conversion)

What mentioned earlier are necessities in today's computer world.
If you can can get a quad processor, do so. Never a bad idea.
Space is relatively cheap. 250 GB of space internal $80, so indulge.

:)

If you can can get a quad processor, do so. Never a bad idea.

I disagree. Quad core processors are much more expensive, and there is very little difference for the average user. Until 99% of desktop applications take advantage of the multiple cores, I still advocate spending your money on best dual core processor you can afford.

rvalkass statement is right on the quad core. Since you are a gamer, its bet just to stick on the top-of-the-line core processor. If your budget couldnt fit in an Intel processors, AMD will do the job just fine.As harddisk price is falling, get at least 500GB or 750GB depends on your needs shouldnt hurt you much. Still whats important of all mentioned is your power supply. A good power supply is always needed in order to have your computer running smooth. Get a Power supply with REAL power aka PURE power. That means, a power supply labeled as 500w that means it have the capability to provide 500w output at a steady rate.On the safe side, do consider pre-config computer systems.

I disagree. Quad core processors are much more expensive, and there is very little difference for the average user. Until 99% of desktop applications take advantage of the multiple cores, I still advocate spending your money on best dual core processor you can afford.

The games that are being created now a days require some power. I'm also saying if you can afford it, go for it. That way, you have some extra oomph.
I only have a dual core and I feel the strain some programs like my mathematics program I have puts on my computer.
Edited by PhyberOptycs (see edit history)