xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LooneyMapleStory

Wpa

I have a Modem a PC and a Wireless Router and a Telephone which runs Via VoIP. I need Wireless in my house and a Constant Wired Connection Also i need a Phone Line Via VoIP.What do I know so far?I have: One Router, One Linksys Wireless Router, One HP Compaq PC, One T1 Compatible Modem.This is the Setup.[X] = Router[|] = Wireless Linksys Router.[_] = PC[___] = Modem[+] = VoIP Telecommunications Device(Excuse the //////////////////)////////////////[|]/////////////////|/////////////////|/////////////////|[___]---------[X]-----------[_]/////////////////|/////////////////|/////////////////|////////////////[+]As you can see The Modem is where I get the Internet I use the Router to get my VoIP and Also the Wired connection to my PC. I also use the Router to connect a port to the Wireless Router so that I can have a Broadcast Acting like an Access Point. This means I have acquired my goals of: I need Wireless in my house and a Constant Wired Connection Also i need a Phone Line Via VoIP.So now that I have my wireless Wired and Phone line I can access the Wireless from a Laptop. One day I figure out that my connection on both Wireless and PC is getting a bit slow, this is because the Bandwidth is not EXACTLY The same...Meaning I'm sharing my bandwidth. So what do i do? I put a WEP Password so that People I know and Myself Only May have access to the Internet connection. When they join the network they need to input a 6-24 digit WEP/WPA Key to access the Sources...In your case If the Wireless is yours all you have to do is log in to the router and click the Basic Setup tab then you should find a tab saying wireless security click that and then you will see authentication type use WEP/WPA and input a password...I hope this helps although it is a VERY VERY VERY Long "Guide"