xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
loc

Looking For A New Game! Yep, I sure am.

I am getting kind of tired of Diablo II, and am looking for a new game to buy that is similar to Diablo II and games of that type.I know World of Warcraft is cool, but I don't want to pay a monthly subscription, so keep this to online multiplayer games that don't require a subscription.The only game I have heard so far is Guild Wars.Any suggestions?

Dungeon Seige is of a similar Point and Click RPG style. I enjoyed it for a long time, and as far as I knew there was quite a good online presence and quite a few mods as well.I played mainly single player so don't ask me about the Multi :D . It should also not be too heavy on the pocket, it's been out for a few years and should be in the budget ranged titles. I believe you can pick it up with the expansion for about AU$50... In my opinion it's definitely worth a try, although I'm not really into the point-click RPG stuff. (Which is why I can only recomment this one, because I haven't really played others of a similar vein :P )

damn, you should just spend 10 bucks and go pick up starcraft, i realize its an old game and all, but ive been playing it for years now and i still enjoy it :P plus there is no monthly fee. it's not an RPG but it is well worth 10 bucks, you can get the expantion with it too for 20...not to shabby :D other than that, you might try everquest or that starwars galixies game. but i think you have to pay monthly for both of those, bottom line...get starcraft

Dungeon Seige is of a similar Point and Click RPG style. I enjoyed it for a long time, and as far as I knew there was quite a good online presence and quite a few mods as well.

I played mainly single player so don't ask me about the Multi :D . It should also not be too heavy on the pocket, it's been out for a few years and should be in the budget ranged titles. I believe you can pick it up with the expansion for about AU$50...

In my opinion it's definitely worth a try, although I'm not really into the point-click RPG stuff. (Which is why I can only recomment this one, because I haven't really played others of a similar vein  :P )

42175[/snapback]

Yes. I have this game already. I like Blizzard games a lot. I have Starcraft, Diablo II, and Warcraft III. I would get WoW, but I refuse to pay per month.

I am looking for a good RPG Fantasy game, like WoW or Diablo II. I really like the exploring side of RPGs, so I want the graphics to be very nice, and beautiful.

StarCraft is worth every penny...you get many different maps and gametypes 3different races and its all win win! ive heard good things about EverQuest and check sites like GameFaqs.com for reveiws on games to see what would best suit you. also try and find different sites with people who like that same types of games you like. do a google serch or a yahoo groups thing.

I heard a lot about NeverWinter Nights being a very good kind of RPG, which "apparantly" is more 3rd person than the top down point and click style of Diablo II and Dungeon Seige. Many of my friends (online and offline), say it's a great game, but I've just never really picked it up for some odd reason.Perhaps it's worth a try if you haven't already?

Morrowind is an EXCELLENT RPG. The game is so huge i'll last you for ages, and then some. The atmosphere and storyline also make the game worth the buy. Its 3D incase you didin't already know, and the grpahics for it are also very good. You can pick it up at a good price these days, with both expansion apcks, the Tribunal EXP packa nd the Blood Moon Exp Pack. Both excellent additions to an already full game!Although if you ahev the money, PC and Net connectiona nd time go for a MMORPG. It will give you mroe fo a thrill to play with other humans and team up etc, basiclly a bigger replayability factor. EverQuest 2 is suppsoedly really good, a is World of War craft, BUT is in limite dsupply atm since Blizzard held back all unsold copies due to an unexpected popularity of the game and subscritpions. Pretty much the servers couldn't handle the amount of people wanting to play.There are tons of great games out there, you jsut have to look around and read revies, and peoples opinions etc.P.S Fallout 2 is an EXCELLENT RPG with both adventure, Humour and gameplay. Kept me entertained for years

Morrowind is an EXCELLENT RPG. The game is so huge i'll last you for ages, and then some. The atmosphere and storyline also make the game worth the buy.

Its 3D incase you didin't already know, and the grpahics for it are also very good.

You can pick it up at a good price these days, with both expansion apcks, the Tribunal EXP packa nd the Blood Moon Exp Pack. Both excellent additions to an already full game!

Although if you ahev the money, PC and Net connectiona nd time go for a MMORPG. It will give you mroe fo a thrill to play with other humans and team up etc, basiclly a bigger replayability factor. EverQuest 2 is suppsoedly really good, a is World of War craft, BUT is in limite dsupply atm since Blizzard held back all unsold copies due to an unexpected popularity of the game and subscritpions. Pretty much the servers couldn't handle the amount of people wanting to play.

There are tons of great games out there, you jsut have to look around and read revies, and peoples opinions etc.

P.S Fallout 2 is an EXCELLENT RPG with both adventure, Humour and gameplay. Kept me entertained for years

42593[/snapback]

Morrowind is an EXCELLENT RPG < yes it is but you should try warcraft as you say with some patches is one of the best games and EverQuest 2 is good :P

City of Heroes.Even though you have to pay for it, it's really fun.

I would remend "Starwars knight of the old republic" or KotOR. Its a very fun turn based/real time RPG. The light-saber combat and jedi powers look awesome, and it has a good storyline and dialoges too. One big flaw is its buggines during the first chapters, but stability improves afterwards.

I would have to say Deus Ex is great. The game has a multiplayer part that is kind of like Counter Strike adn is so much fun. The game also has a awsome single player mode that is unlike most other games because of the game plot. I would suggest this game to anyone who loves games like counter strike and such.

I am playing this game right now called Lineage II on a private server.. It is very fun, alot like WoW but less cartooney graphics. Also, you can try this game ROSE Online, but its very cartooney (made by same creators of Ragnarok), and its open beta so its free

Dungeon Seige is of a similar Point and Click RPG style. I enjoyed it for a long time, and as far as I knew there was quite a good online presence and quite a few mods as well.I played mainly single player so don't ask me about the Multi . It should also not be too heavy on the pocket, it's been out for a few years and should be in the budget ranged titles. I believe you can pick it up with the expansion for about AU$50... In my opinion it's definitely worth a try, although I'm not really into the point-click RPG stuff. (Which is why I can only recomment this one, because I haven't really played others of a similar vein.

TBH i no you asked for a RPG to be recommended but i just really want people to know about this great MMORTS shattered galaxy it is free to play although you can pay to get some advantages.I would also recommend the previously mentioned games:Neverwinter NightsDungion SiegeMorrowwind (alothough i have not played this for long i watched my m8 and it looks really good)